The sign of the son of man appears in the heavens

It said when the days of tribulation comes to an end the moon will be blood red and the sun black.

Well January we had a blood moon with an eclipse at the same time (really rare)

And the signs of the son of man appears in the heavens (Before his return)

I’ve noticed the skys seems to be different at the moment, the sun is much brighter than it use to be, it has rays of light, you can’t even glance at it. the moon at night is just as bright as the sun

Everywhere we are seeing sunsets, wierd cloudes, the sky is really heavenly

Do you think this is the sign that appears in the heavens?

No.

5 Likes

The sign of the Son of Man will be unmistakable. There will be no possibility of doubt. It will be visible all over the world all at once.

9 Likes

Well… if it’s merely “rare”, then that means that it really does happen, with some frequency (albeit limited). In other words, it’s occurred before… and it wasn’t “the sign that appears in the heavens”.

Why would it be such, this time around? If it wasn’t “the sign” earlier, then why would we suggest that it’s the sign now?

Agreed. And this is why the Bible says: “If anyone tells you, ‘there [Jesus] is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.” - When Jesus comes back, it will be unmistakable, instant (Matt. 24:27), and from Heaven (“Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way.”)

3 Likes

You will have no doubt when He returns. All will see. Be prepared always, but don’t try to predict the time.

3 Likes

Some of his depends on what you mean by blood moon. The moon appears red during a lunar eclipse, which is what most people think of when you say blood moon. (The sun turning black would be a solar eclipse)

Since eclipses are predictable, it would seem these are not exactly what the prophecy means. It might mean when they happen together, though they have to be at least two weeks apart, and probably more than that.

Some use Blood moon to refer to 4 eclipses in a row with some other requirements. According to them, the End Times started in 2015 with this kind of Blood moon. The next one will be 2032, so this too seems awfully regular. Maybe this is the End Times, from Trump first running for President through his fourth term in hat position. That sounds scary to me. :scream:

2 Likes

Normally there are two solar eclipses per year, but may be as many as five.

Dean Pesnell from NASA Solar Dynamics Observatory said:

“These data show us that the Sun is not getting brighter with time. The brightness does follow the sunspot cycle, but the level of solar activity has been decreasing the last 35 years. The value at minimum may be decreasing as well, although that is far more difficult to prove. Perhaps the upcoming solar minimum in 2020 will help answer that question.”

We can know the times and the seasons, but we can not know the day nor the hour. Hence we are told to watch and pray.

3 Likes

In 2014 to 2015 there were 4 blood moons, all of them occurring on Jewish feast days. That is more remarkable.

Here we are 4 years later and Jesus has not come in glory yet. However, scripture does say the parable of the 10 virgins, 5 were wise and 5 were foolish. Always be prepared for we don’t know the day or hour that we will come before the Lord.

We’ve been seeing red moons almost nightly, due to the smoke in the atmosphere from the wild fires in California.

2 Likes

Red suns too?

Yes, red suns here in the midwest also, because of the forest fires on the west coast… I thought at first it was a harvest moon because I could look at it with ease.

1 Like

I’m surprised I didn’t notice that…

I don’t think the wildfires did this, more likely some disturbance on the Sun…

Does that mean Jesus is already here in the cloudes??

No. When Jesus returns it will be to wrap up this phase of existence and it will be super obvious to everyone.

No secret raptures, no entering into the tabernacle or whatever it was the JWs came up with after He didn’t end the world in 1914. Boom, Jesus, whoa, the end.

2 Likes

I just read the book “The Warning - The Illumination of Conscience” by Christine Watkins that was very interesting and eye opening.

I read somewhere that that sign would be the Southern Cross (now no longer visible from Israel, but allegedly visible there during the Bible) appearing again from there.

Of course, this being a function of the precession of the Earth’s axial rotation, that would mean the “sign” could not appear for 24,000 years.

ICXC NIKA

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.