More Baptist arguing, it’s good, I’m learning loads and some of these things are things I haven’t come up against before. Can anyone help me with this one?
Roman Catholicism maintains that believing you are assured of going to heaven when you die is to commit the sin of presumption:
“There are two kinds of presumption. Either man presumes upon his own capacities, (hoping to be able to save himself without help from on high), or he presumes upon God’s almighty power or his mercy, (hoping to obtain his forgiveness without conversion and glory without merit).” From the Roman Catholic Catechism Page 507, #2092.
In other words for a Roman Catholic to claim they are saved and sure of heaven would mean they are “guilty of the sin of presumption!”
The Holy Bible declares just the opposite:
“He that BELIEVETH ON THE SON HATH EVERLASTING LIFE: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” (John 3:36).
- Who is right God or Roman Catholicism?
- Is it presumptuous to take God at His Word, or is it faith?
- Since a Roman Catholic who is true to his or her religion would never want to violate a rule or law of the Roman Catholic religion - they therefore cannot believe unto salvation and certainly if they did, would not want to tell anybody, otherwise they will be in the “sin of Presumption.” So, does that mean since they believe not the Son and what He has said about everlasting life, that the wrath of God abides on them? (look closely at John 3:36 again).
- After reading the Word of God and comparing it with the Roman Catholic Catechism, why would anyone want to remain in bondage to the Roman Catholic religion of sacramental works, without any assurance of salvation? I mean, it is obvious that God doesn’t want dear Roman Catholics to be tortured, wondering where they will spend eternity. Rather, He wants to have a personal relationship with each and every one based on His Love and wonderful grace.
- Roman Catholics, will you now ask God to open your eyes so you can see this awesome truth? Will you receive Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior?