The single most greatest proof of love

What do you believe in the single most greatest proof of God’s vast love for you? A proof that could plant the idea of God of an atheist.

Jesus.

The Existence of free will, and the capacity to chose to reject Him.

Only someone who truly loves you gives you the option of turning away from them.

The proof that God loves me?

The fact that I am able to love.

The Redemption.

[quote="YosefYosep, post:1, topic:324078"]
What do you believe in the single most greatest proof of God's vast love for you? A proof that could plant the idea of God of an atheist.

[/quote]

The passion and death of Our Lord, Jesus Christ, as has been pointed out by the earliest Apostles:

"When we were still helpless, at the appointed time, Christ died for the godless. You could hardly find anyone ready to die even for someone upright; though it is just possible that, for a really good person, someone might undertake to die. So it is proof of God's own love for us, that Christ died for us while we were still sinners." (Romans 5: 6-8)

"This is the revelation of God's love for us, that God sent his only Son into the world that we might have life through him. Love consists in this: it is not we who loved God, but God loved us and sent his Son to expiate our sins." (1 John 4: 9-10)

St. John and St. Paul both agree on this, and I have to follow them. :thumbsup:

[quote="YosefYosep, post:1, topic:324078"]
What do you believe in the single most greatest proof of God's vast love for you? A proof that could plant the idea of God of an atheist.

[/quote]

I'm not sure ideas and proofs ever swayed anyone. Religious facts can be denied.

The idea of God follows from knowing Love, being in Love with each other, with God.

One way that many people come to know God starts in the eyes of the beloved. One usually is blinded by the vision of cherished creation, but its loss can trigger the search for what lies in eternity.

Assisting ourselves and our neighbours' through our travails can evoke such intense pity that its reality is palpable, like a sea of compassion in which our lives enfold.

It is is through God's love that all creation comes into being; in His love that knows us completely, we dwell.

My answer would be Jesus, but if I were to talk about a characteristic of God that would plant a seed in an atheist's mind, it would be the concept of "infinity" and eternity. I had a discussion with a friend on infinity, and it got me thinking more about God. :rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.