The smaller parts of the faith

I am not sure where this question is supposed to be. It really serves a dual perpose (for myself and others I get the chance to talk to). All right in Mr. Karl Keatings book Catholicism and Fundamentalism: The attack on “Romanism” by “Bible Christians” Mr. Keating goes over the major parts of the faith that eavryone knows about. But, I was wondering if there were any apologetical (or otherwise) books that go over the smaller things of the Catholic Faith (the signifigance of all the things in the Mass, Patron Saints, ect.) which don’t ussually get discussed in apologetical books (due to time/space constraints or whatever factors that play into the writing of the book)? I ask this to expand my own knowledge of the faith (I have noticed that apologetical books are easier for me to read than old english lit.) and in case someone comes out of the celler attacking me with one of those little things (and I had never heard of it).

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Montie,

Great questions - especially since I don’t know if they’ll be answered in my RCIA class, and I expect them to come up at some time or another.

Take a look at “Why do Catholics Genuflect” and “Why Are Catholics So Concerned About Sin,” both of which were written by Al Kresta. There’s also “The Mass Explained” and “Mass Confusion” by Jimmy Akin. I haven’t read any of these, but from what I’ve heard, they’re perfect for answering these types of questions.

Good Luck!

Dan

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.