The Son of God at work?

Why isn’t the son of man working to save us and allowing non catholics and catholics to be killed here if he actually loves us?

The LORD is saving.
Remember how there were not enough righteous in Sodom and Gomorrah such that God would spare them? 50 righteous; 40 righteous; 30; 20; 10 righteous???
Well, instead of the luck of the draw as to whether the Son of Man will find righteousness on the earth when he returns, our LORD has taken pains to make us his righteous people to dwell in the unrighteous lands where we dwell. We are a holy nation dispersed over the face of the earth in the kingdoms established by men; we are the salt preserving them; we are the light to draw all to see how we are not of this world. We are aliens in the lands where we live. We willingly endure the hardships of being in this place, the suffering, pain, death, persecution, hatred, etc., because we are servants of our Lord, doing the works of God in the face of all who encounter us.
We are working with him - no one “steals our life” from us; like our Lord, we lay down our lives willingly to do the will of our Father as he works his redemption of what he has made.

John Martin

Please look at the fact he joined 2 hours ago and read the 4 other threads he has. God bless you.

Research “Free Will” there are many Threads concerning this.

Have A Great Day!

He’s Jesus, not Superman.
And death isn’t that bad in his book. If you were good and followed Him, you get eternal life.
Simples.

Not that I’m in favor of anyone being killed, quite the opposite, but if Christians believe that death reunites them with God and their loved ones in heaven and the ultimate goal is to get there anyway, why would God actively interfere to keep you on earth?

I’m with you on John 3:16

He is working all the time. He brought you to the CAF forums.

Death as you call it, being killed is not the end. We Catholics at least are not worried about being killed and the non Catholics, well they wont be worried once they are dead and have learned the truth, if they have lived a good life all will be fine for them too. Jesus is and has worked to save us. The church is His body on earth, so we are here to do His work and that work is perfectly evident if you look. Jesus does love you, stop, listen and you will hear. Take the time to talk to Him and spend time with Him in prayer and you will see.

You addressed the lord as Heavenly Father, are you mormon?

“I believe in the sun, even when it is not shining. I believe in love, even when I do not feel it. I believe in God, even when he is silent.”
-written on the wall of a cellar in Cologne where Jews hid during the war

Outstanding brother (ACosSticks), now I can rest easy tonight! Lol. Splendid reference indeed!

Have you ever thought about going to God directly in prayer and asking?

There are two Prophets, one Moses and the other one Abraham who went directly and did ask. In Exodus, chapter 5:22, " Oh Lord, why have you mistreated this people? Why did you ever send me? Since I came to pharaoh to speak in your name he has mistreated this people and you have done nothing at all to deliver your people."

In Genesis, chapter 18:20, “Then the Lord said, how great is the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah and how very grave their sin! I must go down and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry that has come to me and if not I will know.”

In Genesis, chapter 6:5 & 11, both verses state - “God saw” " the Lord saw that the wickedness of humankind was great in the earth and that every inclination of the thoughts of their heart was only evil continually." Line 11, " now the Earth was corrupt in God’s sight, and the Earth was filled with violence. And God saw that the Earth was corrupt for all flesh and corrupted it ways upon the Earth."

In Genesis, chapter 3:8, “They heard the sound of the Lord God Walking In The Garden at the time of the evening Breeze, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God Among the Trees of the garden. But the Lord called to man and said to him where are you? He said I heard the sound of you in the garden and I was afraid because I was naked and I hid myself.”

So what do you think of these verses and what are they telling you? God is fully aware of what happens here on earth?There’s a story about the Garden of Eden and why God called out Adam’s name. The question goes like this; If God is all-knowing and All-Seeing then why did he have to call out Adam’s name? And the answer to that question is, God knew were Adam was but did Adam know where he was at?

When sin enters our minds (heart & soul) & thoughts just like The Prodigal Son story, we have to come to the realization of where we’re at in that sin.

17 “When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.’ 20 So he got up and went to his father."

Where does it say that we must all remain here in this life? Earthly utopia is a man-made concept, not a divinely revealed one. Where did our Lord say that we will not have tribulation? Read 2 Corinthians 5 and Philippians 1:20 and following. The next life is to be greatly preferred to this life.

As well, we have the grace of tremendous freedom on this earth. Love does not exist without the freedom to love. Thus, the Lord is at work, in some manner, in each of us. The fact that we do not see this does in no way mean that it is not occurring.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.