The Spirit of God and the Halo

A quote from Catholic Saints Information, “The Halo is symbolic of divinity and supreme power”. Divinity means of, or pertaining to god. The Holy Spirit is god, the third person of the Holy Trinity.

Notice how the supernatural orb looks exactly like the Halo:

I believe that the Halo can be seen in scripture as the Spirit of God alighting upon Jesus.

Mathew 3:16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water, and behold; the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

The Spirit of God alighting upon Jesus most likely appeared as a Halo.

In my opinion, the Halo can be nothing other than the Spirit of God.

That seems consistent withWhat we know about saints and other such holy people. They are depicted with halos and we are also told they are filled with the Spirit, the Indwelling God.

On rare occasions a priest at Mass may appear surrounded by light. May be a trick of the lighting, but I prefer to think it is the Spirit of Jesus.

I see that you got this photo from a web site about ghosts:
hauntedhovel.com/ghostorbs.html

This is a common photographic artifact due to dust particles, close to the lens and illuminated by the camera flash. Because the dust particle is so small, the reflected light projects an image of the camera aperture onto the film or image sensor. I get these often when I take indoor flash photos.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orb_(optics)
You can prove it for yourself by taking some flash photos in a large dark room. If the air in the room is still and the room has been undisturbed for a while, you will see few if any orbs. Then beat some dust off the drapes, or shake a sweater, or blow the dust off of some nearby furniture (try a lampshade), or just turn on a fan, and then snap a few more pictures. You will probably see plenty of orbs. I certainly do.

The orb is a highly misunderstood supernatural spiritual entity.

Here is a link to a great deal of testimonies of people who bear witness to having seen the orb with their naked eyes:

faceless39.hubpages.com/hub/White-Ball-Of-Light

John 14:17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

NKJV Scholastic Commentary: Neither sees Him nor knows Him does not mean merely that the world is not able to visually identify the Holy Spirit because He is spirit. Something more is meant: The Spirit of God is active in the world, but His acts go unnoticed by the world (see 1 Cor. 2:14).

Not only is the world unable to visually identify the Holy Spirit, His acts go unnoticed as well.

What you are looking at below is a spirit within the Spirit of God Himself as one of God’s chariots…also known as Ezekiel’s wheels…

Ezekiel 1:21 “for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels”

"for the spirit of the living creature is in the orb"

Psalm 68:17 The chariots of God are twenty thousands, Even thousands of thousands; The Lord is among them as in Sinai, in the Holy Place.

Even thousands of thousands”

The Spirit of God appears to be revealing to us through the Halo that He is the breathe of life given to all mankind in the very beginning by God.

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breathe of life; and man became a living being.

I believe that the breathe of life went through mans nostrils and is located over the brain giving us life. Hence, the Halo is over the head. And without the breathe of life, the brain would not function. It is connected to our spirits by the silver cord. Without the breathe of life we would have no life in this visible world. When the silver cord is severed, we are cut off from the breathe of life, the brain dies, we become disconnected from our bodies, and are no longer part of this visible world.

Ecclesiastes 12:6-7 Remember your Creator before the silver cord is loosed, Or the golden bowl broken, Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain, Or the wheel broken at the well. Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

Elijah Ascends to Heaven

1 KINGS 2:1 And when it came to pass, when the LORD was about to take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal.

The Lord does this through the Holy Spirit. The whirlwind (tunnel or vortex) is the work of the Holy Spirit. Elijah would have traveled through a tunnel to heaven in one of God’s chariots.

A chariot of God is the Holy Spirit Himself as a living chariot. Ezekiel’s wheels are also known as chariots of God.

I have edited the above post for errors.

I have several orb photos which are not “dust particles” as many will argue. Perhaps some are but you can’t say they all are. After reading about animal spirits leaving their bodies after death, I was ready with camera when we had to put down our dog at home by a vet who does that in your home so you don’t have to do that at the clinic since its emotional for people.

I took several photographs in the minutes after my dog was put down. One captured his spirit leaving his body in a beautiful yellowish orb form which rose out above his head.

Someone took photos when I was baptized. There appears over my head after the water baptism, a large whitish colored orb.

Thank you for your story. I’ve seen two dogs and one cat in spirit. Also, I have seen a great deal of human spirits in orbs.

Here’s our pet’s spirit orb taken within 20 minutes of being pronounced dead. (I took several shots over the course of that 20 minutes so would have to look at all to see the exact time the orb appeared) I had read that the spirit typically passes within about 20 minutes. And that proved to be about the time this shot was captured.

We still miss him but this proof of life, gives us the belief that he continues to exists and that we will see him & all our pets when we too pass.

The same spirit can be different sizes at different times. Imagine how small Jesus had to be when He was incarnated into mother Mary’s womb.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.