The story of the Virgin Mary's appearances at Lourdes, France. An account of the supernatural events which occurred there, which are celebrated this year, 2019, on Monday, February 11, by a worldwide Catholic feast day

This is at https://www.catholiccompany.com/getfed/february-11-our-lady-of-lourdes/

"On this day in 1858 a young, poor girl named Bernadette Soubirous was out collecting firewood with her sister and another friend near a grotto when she saw a vision of a lovely lady.

In the words of St. Bernadette,
‘I raised my head and looked towards the grotto. I saw a Lady dressed in white, wearing a white dress, a blue girdle and a yellow rose on each foot, the same color as the chain of her Rosary.’”

This was the beginning of events that caused turmoil in France and led to one of the greatest Catholic shrines in the world in that place.

Thank you MDGS.Bernadette is my Confirmation name ,I loved hearing her life story when I was young .

Yes, thanks for posting that. Our Lady of Lourdes is my number one devotion and St. Bernadette is one of my favorites.

I almost forgot about today.

I’ve always been drawn to Our Lady of Lourdes. I try to watch The Song of Bernadette whenever I see it comes on. I never knew what drew me to this particular apparition until I was doing some research and found out that I share the same birthday with St. Bernadette.

I have asked Saint Bernadette and Our Lady of Lourdes intercession to secure comfort for Pope Benedict XVI as he lives out the remaining time that Our Father in heaven has granted him.

Is there some reason why She would have a yellow rose on each foot?

Leviticus 13:30 the priest shall examine the disease. If it appears deeper than the skin and the hair in it is yellow and thin, the priest shall pronounce him unclean; it is an itch, a leprous disease of the head or the beard.

Yellow Roses in them she(Mary) announce that,She lean towards the weak one; I’m going to heal something spiritual, physical, psychological or moral.Revelation 21:19 The foundations of the wall of the city are adorned with every jewel; the first was jasper,(Yellow Color) the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, Psalm 45:14 in many-colored robes (Graces,Virtues, Luke 1:28 Hail Full of Grace )she is led to the king;behind her the virgins, her companions, follow.

Song of Solomon 2: (Mary )I am a rose of Sharon,a lily of the valleys.

My MIL, whose name was Lourdes, would have been 100 on Our Lady’s feast day. I attribute my conversion to both her and Our Lady.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.