The Tabernacle and the red candle

If it’s lit, it means He is present, right?

Sometimes, I see that the door is open, and other times, the door is closed. What does that signify?

Does He hear us better when we pray to Him in the Real Presence? I believe He is there, but I can’t really understand it, and though I want to pray to Him as if He were there in person, I feel unworthy to do so and other times, I’m like, “Wait, have I been talking to myself?”

An unattended tabernacle with an open door almost always means it is empty. If you are seeing the sanctuary lamp lit in this case then there is some kind of problem.

Yes - the lit lamp indicates that there are Consecrated hosts present in the Tabernacle.

About the only time that the door to the tabernacle is left open is during the vigil time between Good Friday and Easter Morning.

Does He hear us better when we pray to Him in the Real Presence? I believe He is there, but I can’t really understand it, and though I want to pray to Him as if He were there in person, I feel unworthy to do so and other times, I’m like, “Wait, have I been talking to myself?”

He hears us best when we pray with a pure faith and trust. This often seems easiest in His real presence in the Tabernacle.
Yes, we really don’t understand the “real presence” but that doesn’t make it any less real.
Feeling unworthy is quite common and understandable. Yet He invites us to come and talk with Him. So - unworthy as we are, we really should take Him up on His offer.

Peace
James

The door can be open and the candle lit at the same time because the sacristan forgot to blow out the candle.

It happens. We are not perfect. Please forgive us.

-Tim-

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.