The Tempting Of "god"

Numerous quotations from the Bible are given below to prove that Jesus neither SHARED THE NATURE OF GOD, nor is he IN EVERY WAY LIKE GOD. He can, therefore, NEVER be GOD. I have given the quotations from the Bible without comment, because the Bible speaks for itself! TO SAY THAT JESUS IS GOD OR SON OF GOD IS NOT ONLY A MOCKERY OF GODHOOD, BUT BLASPHEMY OF THE LOWEST ORDER AND AND INSULT TO THE INTELLIGENCE OF MEN! :

The Devil Tempted “God” For 40 Days: “And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness. And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan.” (Mark, 1:12-13)

The Devil Tempted “God” Continuously: “And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.” (Luke, 4:13)

Like the Sinners, “God” Was Tempted In All Things: “But (he) was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” (Hebrews, 4:15)

True God Cannot be Tempted With Evil: “God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.” (James,
1:13)

Only The Ungodly Are Tempted With Evil: “But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.” (James, 1:14)

Christians what’s your comment???..

Peace…

God became man.

Manhood meant dealing with human issues.

Temptation is a human issue.

He was both God and Man.

Jesus is Divine and was human.

No. People can be tempted to sin without actualy sinning. We can be tempted to all sorts of things without actually doing them. You can think of having an extra piece of cake even when you’re already completely full, or have your mother or your friend urge you to take another piece of cake when you’re completely full. That is temptation. It doesnt automatically mean that you GO ON TO DO the thing you’re tempted by. You may choose to not actually eat that cake.

There’s nothing wrong or ungodly about Christ simply because the Devil urged him to sin. How could there be? You are not properly understanding that Bible passage.

Numerous verses show that Jesus is God (see below). How do you reconcile the two sets of verses?
They are one
I John 5:7
“There are those that bear record in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit: and these three are one”

Philippians 2:5-7 “Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing.”

Jesus said in John 10:38
But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”

They are of one accord
John 5:21

For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.

Jesus is equal to God
Colossians 1:19
“For God was pleased to have all His fullness dwell in Him”

Jesus has the power and wisdom of God
1 Cor 1:24
“…Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.”

Jesus is eternal and unchanging like God
Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Jesus Himself commanded in Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

In this passage, the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are said to share one name (notice that the term “name” is singular, not plural), and that name is almost certainly Yahweh, the personal name of God in the Bible. We know this because the name Yahweh is applied to both the Father and the Son in the New Testament.

Peter tells us, “David did not ascend into the heavens; but he himself says, ‘The Lord said to my Lord, Sit at my right hand, till I make your enemies a stool for your feet.’ Let all the house of Israel therefore know assuredly that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified” (Acts 2:34–36). Here God is “the Lord” who speaks to “my Lord,” Jesus. When one looks at the Old Testament quotation, one finds, “Yahweh says to my Lord: ‘Sit at my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool’” (Ps. 110:1); so here the Father is called Yahweh.

In Philippians 2:10–11, we read: “[A]t the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.” This is a reference to Isaiah 45:18–24, which tells us: “I, Yahweh, speak the truth . . . I am God, and there is no other. By myself I have sworn. . . . To me every knee shall bow, every tongue confess. ‘Only in Yahweh,’ it shall be said of me, ‘are righteousness and strength.’ “ Here Paul applies the prophecy of every knee bending and every tongue confessing to Jesus, resulting in the prophecy that they will “confess that Jesus Christ is Yahweh.” The stress on Christ as God is also picked up by the early Church Fathers (e.g., Ignatius, below).

Jesus himself declares that he is Yahweh (“I AM,” in English translation). In John 8:58, when questioned about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” His audience understood exactly who he was claiming to be. “So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple” (John 8:59).

With the personal name of God, Yahweh, being applied to both the Father and the Son, it is almost certainly applied to the Spirit, and thus to all three members of the Trinity.

The parallelism of the Father, the Son, and the Spirit is not unique to Matthew’s Gospel, but appears elsewhere in the New Testament (e.g., 2 Cor. 13:14, Heb. 9:14), as well as in the writings of the earliest Christians, who clearly understood them in the sense that we do today—that the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are three divine persons who are one divine being (God).
catholic.com/library/Trinity.asp

My ‘guess’ would be as noted earlier, Jesus is both God and Man.

The very early church thought so too…
Athenagoras: wrote between 175-180 here is but a tiny sample
.-The Christians Worship the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
That we are not atheists, therefore, seeing that we acknowledge one God
ccel.org/fathers2/ANF-02/anf02-46.htm#P2291_635691

Ignatius…
Epistle to the Magnesians
“CHAPTER 7
7:1 Therefore as the Lord did nothing without the Father, [being united with Him],”
earlychristianwritings.com/text/ignatius-magnesians-lightfoot.html

The unity of them is continually repeated…
He opens his Epistle to the Philadelphians
“Ignatius, who is also Theophorus, to the church of God the Father and of Jesus Christ, which is in Philadelphia of Asia…”
earlychristianwritings.com/text/ignatius-philadelphians-lightfoot.html

Epistle to the Magnesians
Again in his opening address to his Epistle the Romans
“Ignatius, who is also Theophorus, unto her that hath found mercy in the bountifulness of the Father Most High and of Jesus Christ His only Son; to the church that is beloved and enlightened through the will of Him who willed all things that are, by faith and love towards Jesus Christ our God; even unto her that hath the presidency in the country of the region of the Romans, being worthy of God, worthy of honour, worthy of felicitation, worthy of praise, worthy of success, worthy in purity, and having the presidency of love, walking in the law of Christ and bearing the Father’s name; which church also I salute in the name

of Jesus Christ the Son of the Father; unto them that in flesh and spirit are united unto His every commandment, being filled with the grace of God without wavering, and filtered clear from every foreign stain; abundant greeting in Jesus Christ our God in blamelessness.”
earlychristianwritings.com/text/ignatius-magnesians-lightfoot.html

God and Jesus, Jesus and God. He says Jesus is the only Son of God, no mention that Satan is a co-creation equal to Jesus. Jesus is the Son of God, He is also God.

Epistle to the Ephesians
CHAPTER 5
5:1 For if I in a short time had such converse with your bishop, which was not after the manner of men but in the Spirit, how much more do I congratulate you who are closely joined with him as the Church is with Jesus Christ and as Jesus Christ is with the Father, that all things may be harmonious in unity.
earlychristianwritings.com/text/ignatius-ephesians-lightfoot.html

Ok guys you believe that Jesus is Divine and was human. Let us make it simple
Jesus is indeed a prophet of God that means God reveal to him by the angel That means there is some power with him but he is not divine
While the prophet is indeed a human like any human so you can see the man qualities with him.
Don’t think that this is more logical than your claim that Jesus God and Human in the same time?.

I can quote hundreds of biblical verses prove that Jesus has denied divinity.

Just think.
Peace…

Yes. Evidenced above.

Prove this

What religion are you? You sound a Moslem. Moslems believe Jesus is not ‘just like us’ because he was born from a virgin.

What you’re offering is called an “Appeal to incredulity” which is a logical fallacy… in this case, because you’re trying to put a limitation on what God can be.

You’re suggesting that you know that God can’t be God and Man at the same time; that it’s too incredible.

LOL, it was by thinking (and a lot of actual studying) that led me from a sort of Agnostic to a Christian (and then eventually into the Catholic Faith)…and the more I think and study the more I am wholly convinced the Jesus Christ is God.

Now what?

Tempting is not the problem; the problem is falling to this temptation. Did Jesus? no .

I can now shout to God and say (hypothetically) : i’ll follow you if you show Yourself right now before me.

Did i tempt God? not really because He can’t be tempted, but didn’t i try? yes i did.

As to Jesus being God, can you refute John’s apostle as well who taught that Jesus is God?

But your bible said otherwise:
The Devil **Tempted **“God” For 40 Days: “And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness. And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan.” (Mark, 1:12-13)

**The Devil Tempted “God” Continuously: “**And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.” (Luke, 4:13)

But it doesn’t say Jesus gave in to the temptation.
Satan just kept trying and trying and trying.

yea Satan can try as much as he wants but Jesus rebuked him.

You didn’t give them without comment. You spent two paragraphs commenting on them.

Thou shall not tempt the Lord thy God.
Thou shall not kill
Thou shall not steal, etc.

God said you shall not do the above things among others. Looking at #2 he says you shall not kill. He doesn’t say that I am incapable of killing because I can kill. Same with stealing, I can steal but he says I shall not (or I will pay the price). Now let’s look at tempting. He says I shall not tempt the Lord God but again I am fully capable of tempting God. Again, I will pay the price for my disobedience. Just because I will do an action (tempt) does not mean that I will succeed, in fact I will fail as God cannot be tempted (I succeeded in tempting God). Along those same lines, the Devil tempted Jesus, he did it all the day long but he DID NOT SUCCEED. Nowhere in the bible does it say that he succeeded. Now, you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to understand that. The problem is you never did any honest research yourself. Instead you relied on other people to tell you what to believe (probably Jehovah Witnesses). Do some real studying from non-prejudice sources to learn the truth.

Question: who is “I AM”? If you read any of the bible you should know that “I AM” is GOD

“I tell you the truth,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I AM!” John 8:58

Yes, it speaks for itself in such a clear way that there are 33,000 (or whatever) Protestant denominations who all think it speaks very clearly to them.

So the Devil attempted, and failed. So what?

“because the Bible speaks for itself”

???

Evidently it wrote itself as well.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.