'The Terminator,' 'Aliens' And 'Twister' Actor Bill Paxton Dies Aged 61

Award-winning actor Bill Paxton star has died.

The 61-year old was best known for his roles in such iconic films as Aliens, The Terminator, True Lies, Titanic and Twister. His movies brought in over $5.4 billion at the worldwide box office.

In a statement his family confirmed his death saying: “It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery.”

“A loving husband and father, Bill began his career in Hollywood working on films in the art department and went on to have an illustrious career spanning four decades as a beloved and prolific actor and filmmaker. Bill’s passion for the arts was felt by all who knew him, and his warmth and tireless energy were undeniable. We ask to please respect the family’s wish for privacy as they mourn the loss of their adored husband and father.”

forbes.com/sites/simonthompson/2017/02/26/the-terminator-aliens-and-twister-actor-bill-paxton-dies-aged-61/#1d5b7f4341b2

:bighanky:

I really liked this guy. Married to the same woman for over 30 years, versatile actor… sigh

Oh, sad day. :frowning: I totally loved that guy. His performances have always really cheered me up.

Offering prayers.

:gopray:

Eerie foreshadowing in his interview on Maron’s WTF podcast from just a week or two ago: he talks about losing his parents, then goes into his Catholic upbringing (his mom was Catholic, dad wasn’t but agreed to raise the kids Catholic) and about JFK, among other things.

Praying for the repose of his soul & for his family.

May he rest in peace. Frailty is a favourite.

This is sad news. He was always one of my favorite actors. I really liked him in Twister with Helen Hunt and Aliens. May he rest in peace and may his family find peace.

He was such a versatile actor who could play comedy, ala True Lies, as well as dramatic roles. What a sad loss. May he rest in peace :crossrc:, and his family and friends be comforted.

When I was in elementary school, Apollo 13 made me want to be an astronaut. RIP Mr. Paxton.

Loved him in the movies. God bless him.

Requiescat in pace

He was great. I still show Twister to my students during our weather unit. Rest in Peace. Condolences to his family.

Yes! I grew up in Oklahoma less than an hour from where most of that movie was filmed. I still watch it religiously every storm season!

x2 :frowning:

Month’s Mind

[LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT] Praying for the repose of the soul of Bill Paxton, and consolation for his grieving family and all those mourning his loss.
[/LEFT]

Réquiem æternam dona ei, Dómine, et lux perpétua lúceat ei.

Ánima eius, et ánimæ ómnium fidélium defunctórum, per misericórdiam Dei requiéscant in pace.

Ámen.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3f/Kerze_2007k.JPG/24px-Kerze_2007k.JPG

Píe Jésu

O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity.
O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power.
O show us that you are our Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands.

Amen.

Flos Carméli

Month’s Mind

[LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT] Praying for the repose of the soul of Bill Paxton, and consolation for his grieving family and all those mourning his loss.
[/LEFT]

Ánima eius, et ánimæ ómnium fidélium defunctórum, per misericórdiam Dei requiéscant in pace.

Ámen.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3f/Kerze_2007k.JPG/24px-Kerze_2007k.JPG

Píe Jésu

O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands.

Amen.

Flos Carméli

Goodbye and farewell to a great actor.

Month’s Mind

[LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Ámen.

Píe Jésu

Amen.

Flos Carméli

Month’s Mind

[LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Ámen.

Píe Jésu

Amen.

Flos Carméli

Month’s Mind

[LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Ámen.

Píe Jésu

Amen.

Flos Carméli

Month’s Mind

[LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Ámen.

Píe Jésu

Amen.

Flos Carméli

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.