The Thin Red Line

What is everybodys opinion on the war film, The Thin Red Line?

youtube.com/watch?v=LCmlOhsIwBk

I guess it was a Christian film, if you watch the trailer.

A beautiful movie, and a poetry in motion. I thought James Caviezel did a superb job as the Christ figure in the movie. I was quite pleased when he was chosen to play Jesus Christ in The Passion.....I see you are a trial member. I do hope you stay. Welcome, and God bless you!

I am hoping to stay :slight_smile:
But how do I stop being a trial member? I am new here!!

I watched that movie a few years ago...and I was bored. I didn't know it was an allegory though. Maybe I'll watch it again.

[quote="Blood_Angel, post:3, topic:234327"]
I am hoping to stay :)
But how do I stop being a trial member? I am new here!!

[/quote]

If you want to stop being a trial member, just keep posting. Info follows, dated 3/2/09. Welcome to CAF!

"User Titles - New System

We have had many requests for new user titles (or rankings) that better reflect a member's forum activity. This is the initial pass at a new system.

1 - Trial Membership
Upon joining CAF you are automatically given this title. It just means that you are checking out the forums, taking it for a spin, so to speak. This group does not have signature and graphics posting rights.

2 - New Member
After making some posts AND accumulating a couple weeks of membership*, "trial" members graduate to this title. New Members have some limited signature and graphics posting rights.

• Yes, I'm being purposefully vague. Some additional tweaking may occur to the "promotion" rules.

3 - Junior Member
After 100 posts AND 90 days members are given this title.

4 - Regular Member
After 500 posts AND 6 months members are given this title.

We anticipate that most of the forum membership will reside in this group.

5 - Senior Member
After 6,000 posts AND 2 years members are given this title.

6 - Veteran Member
After 9,000 posts AND 3 years members are given this title.

7 - Forum Master
After 12,000 posts AND 4 years members are given this title.

8 - Forum Elder
After 15,000 posts AND 5 years members are given this title.

The significant change from the prior system is that posting activity and duration of membership will both be evaluated for title changes.

These changes will propagate across the membership rolls over the next 2 hours.

As you advance through the user ranks, additional features (aka permissions) are enabled. For example, please see:

• Forum Admin"

Source link: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=316437

I only watched the film because of Caviezel, I didn’t really notice any Christian theme in it, but I don’t usually notice too many things like that. I am now going to look up information about it now to see if the film did have a Christian theme to it!! Well it will make me want to watch the beautiful film again anyway!! Love Terrence Malick films!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.