The toughest week of my life- prayers needed

I have been reading some posts on marriages and relationships the past few days and finally felt called to ask for my own prayers. I’m very blessed to have so many holy people in my life praying already, but I’m very weak right now and know both my fiance and I could use more.

Almost two weeks ago (2 months before our wedding) My fiance freaked out and told me for a few months he’s been questioning if I’m the one and scared to get hurt and hurt me. He comes from a divorced home with many issues with infidelity, lack of openness and lack of truth and faith. Praise God, he’s going through RCIA and has been open to counseling with two priests (one from our parish, and one from the east coast who was to marry us). Last weekend he said he can’t be open, can’t let me in, and can’t give me what I need and broke it off. Well the next day, he kept his promise to pick up the priest who was marrying us, who happened to be in town, to take him to the airport. This priest is so incredibly holy, he’s young, energetic and from the moment my fiance met him I knew they “got” each other. My fiance told him on the drive all about his lack of being able to accept the unconditional love I give him, his total selfish nature, how he can’t be selfless most of the time and how he’s never really had to work for anything, its all been just given to him. He talked about how he doesn’t want to die to himself and live for Christ. Giving himself up is so scary and he’s not really sure how Christ could love him that much, let alone me. The priest then asked us if we would be able to do something really scary, but totally worth it. Father said that for the next week we would not communicate at all. The three of us would pray seperately and each speak with him privately over the phone (since he lives 3,000 miles away). He said he would take on our burden and not take this lightly

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you amoung women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen

and at the end of the week, after counsel and prayer he would give us his advice as to what he felt was God’s will- either break up, postpone the wedding or scarily enough get married in July. My fiance was actually the first to say he would trust and do this. I, was hesitant, since I’d been through so much pain, and it was like living in a state of torture and pain for an entire 'nother week. When the priest stepped away for a moment I asked my fiance how he was doing, and he said, “I know our relationship is contingent on me letting go to Christ.” (or something like that…wasn’t strong enough to remember each word) :slight_smile: I’ve spoken to the priest roughly twice and have spent each day going to adoration and almost each day going to mass. Lots of healing has taken place but I’m still in so much pain. My fiance and the priest have played phone tag, but unfortunately weren’t able to speak before my fiance went out of the country, for ironically, his bachelor party, guys weekend. The priest told me yesterday that that morning he woke up with intense peace knowing the moment when he and my fiance do indeed get to talk will be God’s perfect timing. I should also let you know that on our way home from dropping off the priest, we listened to a talk he gave in the car that was all about letting go and dying to yourself. The priest just gave us the cd, forgot what was actually on it.

I’m asking for prayers for my fiance’s soul, he’s talked about feeling like he has this horrible pain he can’t get out. I know his soul is in turmoil and I cannot even explain the pain that’s in my heart or the torture this week has been. I’ve been lifting us both up in novenas to St. Jude, and the Child Jesus. St. Joseph has been so amazing in the past in interceding for my fiance who doesn’t have a strong father. And asking St. Michael the Archangel for protection for Joe’s soul and for Christ to pierce him with His Truth. I’ve been praying that Christ will let my fiance know how much He loves him, that he romances him, so he can romance me. That my fiance finally dies to himself and opens up truly to Christ. That we will both be healed and transformed by Christ’s love and that we’re brought together in Christ’s Will, whatever that is. Thank you so much.

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
the Lord is with thee
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Our Father, which art in Heaven
Hollowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven

Give us this day
Our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us

And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil

Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Will keep you and your finance’ in prayer my friend…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thank you for your prayers, tonight was really rough. I’ve got to wait another few days to talk with him and the priest and the not knowing, plus all the hurt I’ve endured is really doing a number on my heart and faith. The pain just keeps coming in waves and I know its such an an opportunity to trust in God’s unfailing love. Please pray for my heart and especially for his soul.

I have to say, that being so conscious of what is lacking and what is necessary, your fiance has a huge amount of potential. I just pray that God can give you both the miracle of the reconstruction and healing that needs to take place within Joe. And I ask Jesus to help you all through this.
You are incredibly blessed to have such an extraordinary priest praying for you both.
Amen to his prayers and yours, and Joe’s.
Jesus we ask for Your profound blessings upon this woman, this man, and this priest.

I will be praying for you and your fiance. St. Padre Pio said that there are two things that you should do when you are in pain: 1) Pray, pray, pray. 2) Ask God for consolation. It sounds to me like you are both undergoing a conversion experience. You already have faith and love, just don’t give up the hope!:signofcross:

Trishie- Thank you for your words, I would agree there is so much potential for Joe. We broke up a year and a half ago about a week after Joe had his first taste of God. He totally got scared and ran away. The way he broke up with me is EXACTLY the way he was trying to run last week. He would say these, what he would call honest, hurtful statements like “I’m not in love with you,” etc… It was like he was cold and dead when he said it and the only word that can describe it, is venom. It was the same this time. He just says really hurtful things, wanting to get the pain out and the only way he knows how is leaving me. Since God used me to show him the power of Christ, I think. Part of me knows this is such a spriitual battle, and I’m a causality for Christ. I know he’s struggling to see which way is up and to realize how much God loves him and why I would be with him after all he’s done to hurt me. He just doesn’t understand unconditional love. This week has been so hard because I don’t know what to believe. Does he love me? Does this have anything to do with me? Or am I just a casualty. I know I said earlier that he said our relationship is contigent on his spirituality, but he’s said so many other things, the hurt is so strong, as is the confusion. I do not stop praying, I go to God with my pain and my prayers for Joe’s soul, I just ask that the Lord be gentle with my heart and show me how much He loves me, because (and I know its irrational) I just feel so unloved. ARG! and I know I’m not. I hate what my mind conjures up. Christ, free me from the confusion and pain and let me know how GREAT Your Love is!

JaneChantel53- You are so true about BOTH of us going through a conversion. My relationship with Christ had been suffering the past 3 months, maybe more. I moved to LA 7 years ago to become an actress and have had little successes along the way, but still have anger and expectation about my career and how hard its been. My focus has been on my lack of success, how much I’ve been hurt and its because I never realized it should always, and first to be holy. It has taken this to get me to see that. I also believe Joe’s and my relationship, although a witness to Christ and we were waiting. We would mess up about every 2 weeks. Put ourself in the occasion of sin, Praise God, we still haven’t broken the impending covenant, but it doesn’t mean we haven’t put our soul in jeopardy. Our priest said not to sleep over at each other’s house, and we weren’t until about 3 months ago…right when Joe started having doubts and such. My holiness messed with his own. Please pray for our continued healing. Praise God for his Divine Mercy!

Our Father who art in Heaven Hallowed be thy name,
thy kingdom come, thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven,
give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses as we
forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven Hallowed be thy name,
thy kingdom come, thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven,
give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses as we
forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

At Pentacost Sunday tomorrow, I humbly ask that you lift up both my fiance and I in your intentions. That we would be both be healed from the wounds we’ve caused ourselves each other and others. That we are both filled with the Holy Spirit on this Holy Day and my fiance surrenders to Christ Jesus. Thank you.

Lord Jesus please hear the prayers of your faithful on earth, as well as heaven. See how many love Jospeh and have mercy on his soul and the battle waging on within his heart. St. Michael the Arch Angel take down all demons who are trying to prevent Joe from finally letting go and Mother Mary step on evil as it comes forth. I pray for the Ultimate Truth to shine on his face and that he finally sees the richness of Your Love, and knows he is worthy. Its so scary and hard to turn to something new, especially when one used to be so against it. See his trying, and have mercy on his human heart. Give him so much truth that he can only fall on his knees and finally give up and be filled so suddenly and wonderfully with Your healing graces. Lord Jesus, you know how much I love him, I ask that he is returned to where you want him, Your merciful heart. Lord you had so much mercy on my heart during my conversion back to Your church and gave me an amazing saint to watch over and intercede on my behalf, Saint Faustina. She is my big sister, and my prayer warrior. I ask that You have the same mercy over Joe and his soul. Romance him to fall in love and accept and be open to Your love. And, frankly to romance me and heal both our wounds. Lord I thank you for the gift of him and pray that he chooses You, and ultimately me. But ultimately for Youe Divine Will. I ask this in Your Name. Amen

I will lift you both up during Mass this morning. Your prayer was beautiful. May God bless you richly!

Jesus please grant this heartfult prayer.
St Michael and St Faustina please pray powerfully for this couple.

joe and the priest have been emailing back and forth and he told the priest he doesn’t want to marry me and he needs to figure his stuff out. He said he’s been in rcia to please me and they weren’t the truest intentions. I’m so overwhelmed with grief and heartache. Please pray for both of us. I’m moving home for a little while and I don’t know if I have the strength to pray for his soul for a while, so I ask that you all do. Thank you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.