The Truth About the Euchrist

Hello everyone at Catholic Answers Forums!

For all you doubters about the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist, here is a thread for you:

“Take and eat; this IS My Body. Drink from it, all of you, for this IS My Blood of the covenant, which will be shed on behalf of many for the forgiveness of sins.” (Matthew26:26-28, emphasis added).

I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the desert, but they died; this is the bread that comes down from heaven so that one may eat it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world.”

The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us [his] flesh to eat?” Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever" (John 6: 48-58).

At Mass, the priest consecrates the gifts of bread and wine. Here, the Holy Spirit comes upon them in the epiclesis and they undergo transubstantiation.

They become the true Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ in their entirety. They are no longer bread and wine at all. Yes, they look and taste like bread and wine and are under the physical appearances of bread and wine so they can actually be consumed. However, they are not truly bread and wine, but the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of our Lord. Period.

May God bless you all with the Light of Truth!

Ryan

Thanks for your answer! I loved it!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.