The TV shows and movies that promoted homosexuality the most in 2010

The TV shows and movies that promoted homosexuality the most in 2010

*America’s Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) announced nominations yesterday for the TV shows, movies, and artists that promoted homosexuality the most in 2010.

GLAAD works with media to insert “LGBT images and stories” into popular culture through every means possible. From movies to comics, blogs and newspaper columns, TV shows and artists, every year GLAAD acclaims the most “outstanding images of the LGBT community” in their Media Awards.*

The rest here.

At the bottom, there is a link to the list of movies, tv shows, print journalism, blogs, theater shows, etc. that made the "grade".

Living in this culture of ours, Christian parents are unable to shield their children completely from influences outside the home that further degrade or negatively impact moral and spiritual value formation. The Left has made academia (our schools) and media as tools in the promotion and celebration of homosexuality.

For those on this side of the debate, at least, this list can be taken as signs on the road in raising our children. They are the ones to be avoided.

Scott Pilgrim VS The World...?

face palms

I can't believe this. There were so many cooler things in that movie than Wallace and the lesbian in it got her butt kicked by the leading lady (who happens to be a former lesbian of sorts). BP

I don't know if you've watched "Modern Family" or not, but I think you should give it a try. It portrays family in a very positive life. Each of the three separate households show the importance of family in different ways. There are also many scenes in which the extended family gets together and shares their love.

I think it is a great mix of comedy and good-hearted family lessons. I do not yet have children but would have no problem with them watching this show if I did.

Well your an atheist so I suppose you wouldnt mind if there was a show with necrophiliacs or people with beastiality fetishes! I mean come on lets have some equality here! What about the happy heroin user? Am I being unfair? Ah well. Some of us christians though are really finding it hard to getting adjustated to the new life, so please bear with us.

I mean just think about it. The year is 130AD approx. The Emperor Hadrian’s lover boy Antoninus dies on a cruise on the Nile, and in mourning the “ruler of the world” builds an entire city in his honour. He then visits Judea and bans circumcision which he sees as mutilation.
He then further annoys the moralist monotheist majority in Judea by building a Temple to Jupiter (full no doubt of naked statues) right on the ruins of the Old Temple!
They rebel and in the end the Romans massacre or enslave more than HALF the entire population.
Fast forward a couple of centuries. The Christians are in. Homosexuality, Gladiator games and Infanticide are gone (officially anyway), and it stays like that for 1600 years until today - like the clock turning full circle! How long now before some liberal politician decides to ban male circumcision?
So you see we’ve been there before!

By the way modern family is funny, and I do laugh, but if anyone thinks this trend is not changing society, then all I can say is that they are fooling themselves.

[quote="kildare, post:4, topic:226907"]
Well your an atheist so I suppose you wouldnt mind if there was a show with necrophiliacs or people with beastiality fetishes! I mean come on lets have some equality here! What about the happy heroin user? Am I being unfair? Ah well. Some of us christians though are really finding it hard to getting adjustated to the new life, so please bear with us.

[/quote]

I would not have a problem with this type of show being on TV, but I certainly wouldn't let children watch it :eek:

I don’t usually stay up that late…but the times I’ve watched it I thought it was excellent. The gay couple and their child is a nice touch in portraying “Modern Families”.

[quote="Publisher, post:6, topic:226907"]
I don't usually stay up that late...but the times I've watched it I thought it was excellent. The gay couple and their child is a nice touch in portraying "Modern Families".

[/quote]

Regardless of how one feels about homosexuality I think it shows that gay people can have many of the same values as the rest of us and that they aren't immoral monsters.

I am a person who supports gay marriage. I didn't used to think this way but my opinion has changed over time. I am unsure on how I feel about a gay couple raising children. I do think being raised by a loving gay couple would probably be better than a child bouncing around foster homes or living in some kind of youth home.

My question is for the Freethinker. I’m not going to insult your values or your beliefs. I won’t attempt to denigrate your attitude. None of that will solve anything, and it certainly won’t endear you to the Church. That aside, my question is this: what is it that attracts an atheist to a site like this? I am sincere in the fact that I don’t mean to insult you. So please don’t assume my questions are meant to drive you away. Are you looking to convert, hoping that perhaps you might be wrong? Or are you trying to show us what you perceive to be the error of our ways? Are you merely curious as to what we believe? Are you seeking healthy debate to sharpen your intellect?

When I was an atheist this was probably the last site I would have come to. As an atheist, I never wanted to actually bother with arguing Christians, I just wanted to be right. Obviously you aren’t in the boat I inhabited while sailing gently down s*** creek.

Just curious.

God bless,

Don’t worry about offending me, no offense is taken. I’ll address your points in blue.

To the Freethinker,

That's good to hear, the spot about not being a cranky atheist, I mean. I don't think all atheists are cranky and arrogant, although I have met a few, and I've met a few that aren't. Well, good luck on your answer seeking.

God bless,

[quote="freethinker83, post:7, topic:226907"]
Regardless of how one feels about homosexuality I think it shows that gay people can have many of the same values as the rest of us and that they aren't immoral monsters.

I am a person who supports gay marriage. I didn't used to think this way but my opinion has changed over time. I am unsure on how I feel about a gay couple raising children. I do think being raised by a loving gay couple would probably be better than a child bouncing around foster homes or living in some kind of youth home.

[/quote]

Friend I agree with you. In the Meeting I attend there is a gay couple who were "married after the manner of Friends" under the care of the Meeting...they adopted a young child abandoned by her birth parents because of her severe deformity and condition. She would be consigned to a wheelchair for the rest of her short life and need numerous medical procedures if she was to survive into her teens.

This gay couple adopted her and meet all her needs as the loving and devoted parents to her wholly. They have taken upon them the rsponsibility and joy of being parents. They have adopted her into their lives and she is loved and well cared for. "Gay adoption"? Thank God that gay adoption is allowed in Oregon.

There is no question that gay people can have many of the same values as the rest of us have and that they are not immoral monsters. Not immoral in every respect in life anyway.

Since you identify as an atheist. I am not hoping to persuade you to accept mainstream Christian / Catholic beliefs on gay marriage and gay adoption.

But perhaps you can have a little understanding of the argument against these two related issues. I raised it in another thread, and am raising it here:

After he was challenged by an ardent homosexual activist, philosopher and author Peter Kreeft in one of his talks discussed:

fidelity in marriage = a virtue
fidelity in a homosexual union / “marriage” = ??

The latter is better than gays living the promiscuous lifestyle, of course, but it is the relationship with, the physical desire for the same sex, that is intrinsically or objectively disordered. Fidelity in this context is nice and touching, but the relationship itself renders the virtue, well, virtue-less. The relationship is immoral.

Such a relationship also affects the propriety of parenting / adoption. A practicing homosexual could be the most sincere loving person as a sibling or other family member, the best neighbor and co-worker, an exemplary, law-abiding citizen in all respects. But he/she does not teach virtue by insisting in raising a child as though homosexuality is a non-issue.

Peace.

originally posted by freethinker83
I am a person who supports gay marriage.

Of course you do. :rolleyes:

I am somewhat taken aback that a show on ABC Family ("Greek") made GLAAD's nominations. Many moons ago that channel was just The Family Channel, and was spun off from Pat Robertson's CBN. I wonder what Pat would have to say about this.......

… I like how Kildare and Catsrus are being such warm, welcoming examples of the christian faith, by being so rude to the athiest who didn’t come in here picking a fight.

Whyyyyy are you people so hypocritical so often? :shrug:

Perhaps I’m misreading things over the internet, you know, due to the difficulties of reeeaaaading a language as opposed to hearing it but… Still, you’re reading as sarcastic, snappy, rude, brash…

Aaand I haven’t seen a reason for you to be so.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.