The United States dropped over 26,000 bombs on other people in 2016

“In President Obama’s last year in office, the United States dropped 26,172 bombs in seven countries. This estimate is undoubtedly low, considering reliable data is only available for airstrikes in Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, and Libya, and a single “strike,” according to the Pentagon’s definition, can involve multiple bombs or munitions. In 2016, the United States dropped 3,028 more bombs—and in one more country, Libya—than in 2015.”

blogs.cfr.org/zenko/2017/01/05/bombs-dropped-in-2016/

Why are people who claim to be “progressive” and “loving” coming out in hoards to protest a few hours delay for immigrants at the airport, but there were no protests at all over this mass murder from the sky?

“Other people?”
This isn’t news.

I think people realize that is how the US state works, so it is not worth complaining about it. It does stuff to maintain its geopolitical influence.

At least there are fewer bombs due to precision munitions. BTW, how many are cruise missiles which are fairly expensive weapons systems, as opposed to adding guidance kits to dumb bombs?

Pray to the Lord for a softer heart.

Your comment reflects a total lack of concern for the people the United States is murdering every year. Pray to the Lord for a softer heart.

I am against the travel ban, all unjust war, and 100% against abortion and I know there are other people like me. I protested Iraq in spite of just being a teenager at the time and I protested outside of Planned Parenthood I’m not the only person that does things like this

Thanks, I am glad to see that there are people like you who are standing up against these evils plaguing our country.

That’s uncharitable. My heart is soft.

Who are you to judge!?

I’m with you 100% :thumbsup:

Your initial comment showed no concern whatsoever for the poor people who were maimed and murdered by 26,000 bombs dropped by our country last year. That indicates a hard heart.

No, I was pointing out there was no news article and the use of the term “other people” is ambiguous. Since this is in the news forum, an article should be linked.
Your response which you have used on others is uncharitable and rude. One should not invoke prayer to further ones ego or bolster a debatable subject. It’s actually quite blasphemous.

For now, I guess I’ll just pray for a link that is a credible news source and not a blog.

This comment seems to imply the US engages in indiscriminate bombing of civilians. Is that your point? If not, then your comment appears overly broad.

That…is a very good question.

Why do you think you can read hearts?

Good :thumbsup:

MODERATOR NOTICE

All posts are to be charitable
Charitably discuss the news, not other members
No name calling

I linked to a story from the Council on Foreign Relations, a well respected non-profit organization based in Washington, DC, that the United States Department of State regularly consults for advice on foreign policy matters. The CFR reported a real news story: the United State dropped over 26,000 bombs on other people (i.e., people not in the United States) in 2016. I said “other people” because I am from Philadelphia, and in Philadelphia the United States has been known to drop bombs on its own people:

npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2015/05/13/406243272/im-from-philly-30-years-later-im-still-trying-to-make-sense-of-the-move-bombing

I would not be surprised if this is the only time this has happened in the United States.

I apologize for misconstruing your comment about proper forum ettiquette and the word choice in my headline for a hard heart toward the poor people that the United States murders and maims every year. I hope this comment of mine has cleared up your initial questions, and we can now move forward to pray for an end to these horrible wars the United States inflicts on other people year after year.

Peace be with you.

Thank you for posting this.

I think I can answer this…

1. The left has given Obama a pass because he was “one of them”

2. More broadly speaking, America the Exceptional doesn’t do these kinds of things. People have a hard time coming to grips with the evil their country does.

The fact that the United States dropped 26,000 bombs is all the proof I need that the United States indiscriminately murders civilians in other countries.

I have never understood how our country condones our military interventions abroad. We have some presence of military in 150 countries around the world. We have tried to influence the elections and at time handpick basically a puppet government in at least 3-4 countries. We are a big part of the cause of instability in the Middle East. We have lost many American lives for the sake of these interventions. Numerous others have lost limbs. The cost in dollars runs over a trillion dollars. This is just the impact on us, it doesn’t even begin to assess the issue in loss of lives the OP raises.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.