The universe is just a big hologram, astrophysicists claim

There is as much evidence for the holographic universe as there is for traditional explanations, researchers said

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/universe-hologram-holographic-evidence-3d-astrophysics-university-of-southampton-a7553766.html

See, science explains everything… oops, wait! :cool:

:smiley: When I first saw the headline, I thought it said, “universities are just a big hologram.” It’s all in your head, man.

Pretty poor article.

Try this: The Holographic Universe: The Revolutionary Theory of Reality
by Michael Talbot

amazon.com/Holographic-Universe-Revolutionary-Theory-Reality/dp/0062014102

The universe is not three-dimensional according to this theory? So then, those photos of people holding the moon in an upraised hand reflect the reality of things? It’s all on a flat surface? And when the astronauts burned up huge amounts of rocket fuel to get to the moon, they needn’t have bothered. They could have just stepped right onto it at moonrise?

I’m no physicist, but this seems pretty fanciful to me.

Sounds like a movie plot.

Can we change the channel then? :smiley: In all seriousness, this is an intriguing theory. I’ll have to read more about it.

No. But There is evidence to suggest that our world and everything in it are projections from a level of reality so beyond our own it is literally beyond both space and time.

Free online book:

archive.org/stream/HolographicModelOfTheUniverse/holouni_djvu.txt

Universities are more expensive holograms than others.

Sounds strangely like something a theologian would say.

If the universe is a big hologram, then God is the one running the holographic simulation :thumbsup:

It’s amazing how atheist /agnostic scientists often provide theories that can used to prove God’s existence in their effort to negate it.

Now, you know none of them will acknowledge that, if this is true, it points to a transcendental creator. If this is true, then they’ll claim we’re just the simulation in some more advanced civilizations computer program. Never mind the fact that, even if this is true, it doesn’t sidestep the very real question about why anything exists at all.

Without the math, it is all feminized astrophysics. :slight_smile:

It reminds me of Plato’s cave. In the holographic paradigm there is an implicit order and an explicit order. The implicit is where the potential for everything exists. In the explicit they all come into being.

I haven’t read the book yet but as a computer programmer, science graduate and Catholic I agree with your statement.

Hehe

One of many videos. (and not a feminist in sight).

youtube.com/watch?v=lMBt_yfGKpU

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.