the "unwelcome Mass" was FSSP

I apologize for bringing this up again, considering my previous thread was locked. But I found out more about my wife’s experience while she was out-of-town.

It turns out that the congregants of the church she attended actually did get up and move to a new pew when she, my daughter, and mother-in-law sat down. They were isolated by a buffer zone around them. :shrug:

I looked it up on the 'net and the parish is part of the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter.

I don’t know if the FSSP Mass is like other Tridentine Masses, or if it is somewhat different yet again.

Is that significant? I move from pew to pew for different reasons, but not to offend.

The FSSP is a legitimate Mass so no problem there.

I agree, it’s legit.

Anyway, just to bring this whole thing to closure, my wife spoke to our director of religious ed, who is familiar with that particular diocese, and the director of religious ed wrote a letter to the church’s pastor to basically inform (complain?) about how my family was received there.

Alls well that ends well, as far as I’m concerned.

I attend a FSSP parish full-time and we shift seating depending on the view and how the kids are behaving. I see new folks just about every week. Nobody really focuses on their fellow parishioners or guests during the Mass. All that happens afterwards.

Posted from Catholic.com App for Android

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.