The Vanish Inquisition!

The Curt Jester Here relates news of people resigning over the Vatican’s document on homosexuality. He points out that rather than going through the toil and trouble of setting up a real inquisition, the Church need only restate teachings, act like they are going to enforce them, and the dissenters start leaving. Makes me wonder what else they should restate. :smiley:

Scott

I love the Curt Jester and I totally agree with his point of view. For some years now I have been seeing a smaller Church, but a more fervent and devout Church, willing to face martyrdom than bow down to relativism.

The dissenters aren’t likely to leave, they are more likely to marginalise those who hold to the teaching of the Holy Father and the Magisterium.

The dissenters from the 1960’s who went nuts with misconstruing Vatican II are a dying breed. People who disagree with the Church now are just leaving. In another 20 or 30 years, i think they should be about gone. Unfortunately with the way society is going, we’ll probably be under the thumb of Caligula with a Christian-killing machine like back in the day. The more things change, the more they stay the same. :stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.