"The Vatican Tapes"

Looks like the Vatican’ name is being dragged into another movie:

From AICN (this is AICN’s editorial comment about it, not mine):
*"… found footage horror movie called THE VATICAN TAPES according to Hollywood Reporter’s Borys Kit. I’m thinking this subgenre is already close to wearing itself out again, but I have to admit that I like the basic set-up here… Essentially the flick is about what happens when a tape of a failed exorcism somehow leaks out of the Vatican.

If they do it without making the camera POV the focus of the movie this could be a great horror flick. I mean, the best parts of THE FOURTH KIND were the videos… they just decided to shoe-horn in that “this is real” throughline that became distracting.

This project is a curiosity at the moment. There’s a slim path it could walk and be incredibly effective. We’ll see how it casts up and comes out."
Source: aintitcool.com/node/43008

a failed exorcism somehow leaks out of the Vatican

A failed exorcism? You mean like The Exorcist? Or the Exorcism of Emily Rose? What a rip off. And for the record, The Exorcist is based on a real exorcism. The Exorcism of Emily Rose is not based on a real exorcism but is based on a false portrayal of an illegal exorcism.

A tape of a failed exorcism wouldn’t hurt the Faith, either. I mean, really, compared to all the other myths about the Vatican, a failed exorcism would be nothing!

How does an exorcism fail, though? Certainly a priest might not be strong enough to handle it himself, but eventually the demon has to succumb to God.

The link isn’t working :frowning:

I know, right? I guess only catholics see through this… :shrug:

Pray for God to illuminate all hearts :slight_smile:

My first impression on seeing this was, well, it will pretty much be a moot point if the Vatican has tapes; most everything is a CD or DVD nowadays. . .

Wonder if they have any old 8-tracks in that collection?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.