The Verse of Light

Greetings everyone .
Today , I’m going to share with you another well known verse in the Quran . It’s called the “Verse of Light” . It is renowed for it’s beauty and mysticism and is widely used in Islamic Mysticism by Sufis who have an esoteric reading of the Quran .

In the Name of God , the most Gracious , the most Merciful
“God is the Light of the heavens and the earth.
The example of His light is like a niche within which is a lamp,
The lamp is within glass, the glass as if it were a pearly star,
Lit from a blessed olive tree,
Neither of the east nor of the west,
Whose oil would almost glow even if untouched by fire.
Light upon light.
God guides to His light whom He wills.
And God presents examples for the people,
and God is Knowing of all things .”
Quran 24:35

That is very nice. Thank you.

I agree. It’s nice of you to share some of these with us.

Mary.

Subhan Allah, the Qur’an is a ocean of wisdom.

Jazak Allahu Khayran for sharing.

Btw , people , I’m in noway proselytizing here , I’am personally against it . Just sharing with you some Quranic verses .
Salamu Alaykom

Who said that you were?

MJ

I have never sensed your posts as proselytizing, just sharing your Faith. I like your posts.

We can learn from each other here on CAF.

:tiphat:

Mary.

:thumbsup:

I’m glad we (Islam and Catholicism) believe in One God.

John Paul II, address to representatives of the Muslims of Belgium, May 19, 1985 (Excerpt) Source: usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/ecumenical-and-interreligious/interreligious/islam/vatican-council-and-papal-statements-on-islam.cfm

“As Christians and Muslims, we encounter one another in faith in the one God, our Creator and guide, our just and merciful judge. In our daily lives we strive to put into practice God’s will according to the teaching of our respective Scriptures. We believe that God transcends our thoughts and our universe and that his loving presence accompanies us throughout each day. In prayer, we place ourselves in the presence of God to offer him our worship and thanksgiving, to ask forgiveness for our faults, and to seek his help and blessing.

MJ

Btw, wish to inform the OP, back in Jul 25, '10 this verse was shared. Just to let the OP know. :slight_smile:

forums.catholic.com/showpost.php?p=6877345&postcount=1

MJ

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.