The View

I read that the Catholic League today condemned the "View" show today that again beat upon the Catholic Church.

This time it was because the Arizona Hospital was de-Catholized because they had performed an abortion. And I understand they went on and on bashing the Church.

According to this article, this saddens me as Whoopi Goldberg, one of my favorite actresses has admitted to having at least 14 abortions.

I think correspondence with ABC letting them know of our displeasure would at least let them know we are tired of this. And oh yes, prayers for the ex-Catholics on there as well as Whoppi.

I'm sure ABC knows exactly what The View is all about. It's a liberal hate-fest with Joy Behar, Whoopi Goldberg, previously Rosie O'Donnell, and all the rest serving up red meat of liberal hate of traditional values and religion and anything conservative to the left-wing lemmings who tune into that show daily. ABC isn't looking for the whole country to like the show, they are just looking to win that left-wing niche that also watches Bill Maher and Keith Olbermann and the rest of the haters. Watch out, the hate is going to go up a notch now that the country's rejecting Obama, they can see they're losing the culture war and they're not going to go quietly.

[quote="utah_rose, post:1, topic:223542"]
I read that the Catholic League today condemned the "View" show today that again beat upon the Catholic Church.

This time it was because the Arizona Hospital was de-Catholized because they had performed an abortion. And I understand they went on and on bashing the Church.

According to this article, this saddens me as Whoopi Goldberg, one of my favorite actresses has admitted to having at least 14 abortions.

I think correspondence with ABC letting them know of our displeasure would at least let them know we are tired of this. And oh yes, prayers for the ex-Catholics on there as well as Whoppi.

[/quote]

The Catholic League has complained about The View for years now. ABC couldn't care less. Why anyone would spend an hour of their time watching those shrieking women telling us how to think is beyond me. I would rather be at the dentist. :eek:

Heres what I find so arrogant about Whoopi and Joy. They always call Catholics "intolerant", yet they are not tolerant to Catholics. These women are nothing but hypocrites. I guess Whoopi having 14 or so abortions makes her a great woman to look up to. So sad that these women just have that much hate for Catholics yet calim to be tolerant. What a joke of a show.

I really feel bad for Elizabeth. FYI I dont watch the show but I always check youtube to what was said.

[quote="onmywayagain, post:4, topic:223542"]
Heres what I find so arrogant about Whoopi and Joy. They always call Catholics "intolerant", yet they are not tolerant to Catholics. These women are nothing but hypocrites. I guess Whoopi having 14 or so abortions makes her a great woman to look up to. So sad that these women just have that much hate for Catholics yet calim to be tolerant. What a joke of a show.

I really feel bad for Elizabeth. FYI I dont watch the show but I always check youtube to what was said.

[/quote]

What makes it worse is Elizabeth is an ex Catholic and so is Joy Behr. I would expect this of Joy but not Elizabeth.

And why this at Christmas time. If Jesus had been born in our time Mary's friends would have urged her to get an abortion, or she would have been under psychiatric "care" if not both, and nowadays it doesn't seem that the father of the child has any say about the matter.

I had never read before that Goldberg has had 14 abortions. I’ve read that she has had 6 or 7, which is horrific. Having twice that many is just… I’m not sure what word would do that evil justice. It appears that she uses abortion as birth control.

I don’t watch “The View.” I’ve only seen clips, but I cannot abide Joy Behar and her awful Catholic bashing and nutty liberal views. But, it appears that the rest of the women on “The View” don’t really give me a reason to watch either. I have read that Elizabeth is frequently level-headed and more fair and moral than the rest of the group and I have seen clips that support that, but that one positive cannot override the negatives brought by the rest of the women. I see no reason why a Catholic (or anyone else for that matter, but espcially a Catholic) would choose to watch that show.

[quote="Catholic1954, post:3, topic:223542"]
...The Catholic League has complained about The View for years now. ABC couldn't care less. Why anyone would spend an hour of their time watching those shrieking women telling us how to think is beyond me. I would rather be at the dentist. :eek:

[/quote]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Love it! I would rather be at the dentist too! :thumbsup:

Saw 5 minutes of the view and realized it was garbage.

I won't eat garbage, I won't watch it either.

[quote="SwizzleStick, post:6, topic:223542"]
. I see no reason why a Catholic (or anyone else for that matter, but espcially a Catholic) would choose to watch that show.

[/quote]

You know that old saying, "keep your friends close and your enemies, closer".

[quote="SwizzleStick, post:6, topic:223542"]
I had never read before that Goldberg has had 14 abortions. I've read that she has had 6 or 7, which is horrific. Having twice that many is just...... I'm not sure what word would do that evil justice. It appears that she uses abortion as birth control.

I don't watch "The View." I've only seen clips, but I cannot abide Joy Behar and her awful Catholic bashing and nutty liberal views. But, it appears that the rest of the women on "The View" don't really give me a reason to watch either. I have read that Elizabeth is frequently level-headed and more fair and moral than the rest of the group and I have seen clips that support that, but that one positive cannot override the negatives brought by the rest of the women. I see no reason why a Catholic (or anyone else for that matter, but espcially a Catholic) would choose to watch that show.

[/quote]

On Dec.23 the Catholic League said the Whoopi said that she had made peace with God about her abortions. However, Elizabeth is now a Protestant and told Bill Donague to go to --------.

I have NEVER watched this program either, but thought without Rosie it might be getting better, but guess not.

Guess it has no redeeming value then. I see no reason to watch at all.

[quote="Indyann, post:9, topic:223542"]
You know that old saying, "keep your friends close and your enemies, closer".

[/quote]

That is a good saying. But, still, I see no reason to watch "The View," since it apparently is just an opinion show with a group of loud women who have opposing views to my own. It would likely just annoy me to watch it, so I'll pass.

It would be great if one day their devoted viewers would become reacquainted with the joys of reading and visit a library. What a waste of time.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.