The Virgin Mary Conspiracy

Hello All,

Author Graham Phillips, who has written very promising work regarding the historicity of the Old Testament, has written a devastating book in the tradition of The Da Vinci Code. The Virgin Mary Conspiracy “exposes” the true history behind the Virgin Mary. Graham claims that in 1950, an archeologist came across a 4th Century church document which states that the Virgin Mary’s Tomb is located on an island off the coast of Great Britian. Phillips claims that the Concept of the Virgin birth and other Marian dogmas were fabrications. He claims Christ was actually the grandson of KING HEROD! This is a very amazing theory. Is any of this true? Can anyone answer his claims? :whacky:

[quote=RikasAngel]Hello All,

Author Graham Phillips, who has written very promising work regarding the historicity of the Old Testament, has written a devastating book in the tradition of The Da Vinci Code. The Virgin Mary Conspiracy “exposes” the true history behind the Virgin Mary. Graham claims that in 1950, an archeologist came across a 4th Century church document which states that the Virgin Mary’s Tomb is located on an island off the coast of Great Britian. Phillips claims that the Concept of the Virgin birth and other Marian dogmas were fabrications. He claims Christ was actually the grandson of KING HEROD! This is a very amazing theory. Is any of this true? Can anyone answer his claims? :whacky:
[/quote]

this is a fellow who knows that the only way to generate sales and good old fashioned $$$ is through controversy which has no way of possibly being verifiable, but will surely make a sensational conspiracy for the conspiracy theorists.

This fabrication isn’t even worth taking with a grain of salt; that would be a waste of salt.

(I mean, seriously, why would a Hebrew woman whose son was crucified in Jerusalem be buried in Great Britain??? It’s just not something a rational person can accept. Plus, it contradicts the Assumption anyway. Mary will not be found on Earth unless you’re visiting Medjugore or something.)

[quote=RikasAngel]Can anyone answer his claims?
[/quote]

Answer: :rotfl:

– Mark L. Chance.

Although I think that in the long run expressing fundamental doubts about the Faith is good for the Faith – it will drag away the faithless looking for rationalizations to avoid the inconvenience of morality – I don’t believe that God will like these folks making bucks by farming doubt.

I did a detailed analysis of the Bible Code. It is fake. A third grader with the same computer program they have could construct fake-but-real-appearing “prophecies” such as we see in the book. Yet, the authors, who can’t have missed what I found, published another book! They’re making money from generating confusion about God’s Holy Word! The Boss ain’t gonna like that.

I think I saw this book on Amazon.com. I think the theories of this guy are pretty rediculous and all you can do is laugh.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.