The Way (2011)

Has anyone seen “The Way” yet?

I provide a little reaction to it over at my blog Musings.

It may help you in your own decision about whether or not “The Way” is for you.

"In The Wizard of Oz, Dorothy journeys towards the Emerald City where she believes help will be found. Along the way she encounters a Scarecrow, a Tin Man and a Lion. Each believes benefit can be found at the same destination.

Emilio Estevez, director of The Way, claims being inspired by this tale. Estevez plays Daniel who has died on a journey. This death could be understood as symbolic of the tornado in The Wizard of Oz, and our Dorothy could be Daniel’s father Tom (played by Martin Sheen, the real-life father of Estevez). Tom, a bit of a curmudgeon, goes to France to claim his son’s remains, and discovers that Daniel was journeying along the Camino de Santiago. Tom, having been unable to travel with his live son, decides to continue along the path with Daniel’s remains…"

You can read my full reaction here. The Way.

K.

I really liked the movie. Some might argue that there are things that are against Catholic teaching, but a portrayal of “ordinary” people trying to find something bigger than their sadnesses, anxieties, addictions…it’s really a good movie, in my humble opinion.:thumbsup: I heard about it on EWTN to top it off (haha that’ll make some people like it and others not so much, I’m sure")

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.