The Way International

Hello everyone. :wave:

Is anyone familiar with the Way, or know anyone still heavily involved with this organization? I was thinking back a few years and I had a “friend” whose family was neck-deep in this sect.

I do know a bit about the group, but I understand that they had kind of a crisis in 2002 or 2003 with the falling out of their President Craig Martindale. I was wondering if that led to a severe split in the ranks…

FWIW, I feel soooo sorry for those involved in this organization. I do believe it is a “cult” - cults defined as mind- and socially- controlling groups (heck, even financially controlling!).

Thanks in advance.

God Bless!

It is a cult. They deny the Trinity among other things. I would warn anyone away from it.

TWI is a really kooky cult that is based on home “bible” meetings and, SURPRISE, they claim they are more like the original church than anyone else. Sound familiar.

Ohhhh yeah. I am quite familiar with their teachings. I was actually wondering what the heck ever happened to the group - is it still functional? I would have thought that after their huge ordeal in 2002/2003 they would fall to pieces. I googled them and it appears that they are still intact. Weird.

I believe most folks who get involved in this mess really have no/little understanding of Christianity. It seems obvious to me that it is a total cult. The whole fellowship routine and requirements to purchase tapes/attend conferences is a red flag, not to mention the psycho militant attitude.

Scott - if you don’t mind me asking, what parish do you attend - SEAS, OLA, ?

God Bless!

Our Lady of Angels. I used to go Elizabeth Anne Seton, but we moved out of Lake Ridge and a little farther south.

[quote=Love2Run]Ohhhh yeah. I am quite familiar with their teachings. I was actually wondering what the heck ever happened to the group - is it still functional? I would have thought that after their huge ordeal in 2002/2003 they would fall to pieces. I googled them and it appears that they are still intact. Weird.

I believe most folks who get involved in this mess really have no/little understanding of Christianity. It seems obvious to me that it is a total cult. The whole fellowship routine and requirements to purchase tapes/attend conferences is a red flag, not to mention the psycho militant attitude.

Scott - if you don’t mind me asking, what parish do you attend - SEAS, OLA, ?

God Bless!
[/quote]

Thanks Scott. It looks like we’re neighbors! I’m a member of SEAS…have been for about 1.5 years now (or since I’ve been in the Lake Ridge area.)

God Bless!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.