The Ways of Mental Prayer by Lehody

Hi,

Has anyone here read The Ways of Mental Prayer by Rt. Rev. Dom Vitalis Lehody O.C.R.? I’m well into the second part, and my mind is completely blown. This book has really made me think about the centrality of prayer and a desire to deepen my own prayer life. Admitted, it’s probably a difficult read for many people, but it seems to be chock full of good advice.

Your thoughts?

I have read the first part, but I am trying to reread it so I can understand it better. I like the way goes through the steps and even into periods of consolation and desolation.

Excellent book. Pray to the Holy Ghost before reading. He will help you.

Thank you! I will ask the Holy Spirit for His help! The one thing I’ve loved most about going to a Catholic university is the fact that we start each class with a prayer to the Holy Spirit.

"Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And You shall renew the face of the earth.

O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations, Through Christ Our Lord, Amen."

https://archive.org/details/teresasownwords00tereuoft
This is on interior recollection. Hope it helps. :heart:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.