The weak

Is it true that God takes the weak to make them a stronger
witness in faith? I heard that on the radio. I stropped receiving the
Eucharist until I can get an annulment from my first marriage. I am divorced through the local court system, and to get my current marriage blessed in the church, I’m trying to get proof of my
baptism. I’ve come back to the church and really understand
it thanks to a bumper sticker for Catholic news radio.
I feel like it is one thing after another trying to put up blocks in
front of me and stop me from getting back to the Eucharist.
Is it the Devil trying to block me? I can’t help but think sometimes that God doesn’t want me back after all the things I have done. I am weak, but trying to increase my faith and understanding of God. I pray for strength and more faith and still feel weak and helpless. The weeks just keep going by and I cannot take the Eucharist unitl I straighten this whole mess out. I know Jesus was serious about what he says about marriage and I don’t want to bring damnation on myself, please help. I do go
to church every Sunday and sometimes on Saturday evening
and get a blessing from the priest.

Yes. See what St. Paul says in 2Cor12:7-10:
“And to keep me from being too elated by the abundance of revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan, to harass me, to keep me from being too elated. Three times I besought the Lord about this, that it should leave me; but he said to me, `My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ I will all the more gladly boast of my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities; for when I am weak, then I am strong.”

Be patient. It is OK to hunger for the Eucharist. You could not possibly hunger for the Eucharist if it was not for Christ’s grace…and he gives you that grace because he loves you. We cannot even think about him without his love.That is our assurance of his love for us. So know that alone you can do nothing, but with him you can do everything.
Offer up your suffering in reparation for your past sins. With his grace you can live chastely until you are truly married. He will help you. God bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.