The West and Orchestration

Does the west make anything as epic as these pieces of music anymore? :confused:

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood OST 2 - Crisis in the North
youtube.com/watch?v=2eWVoHVzhxg

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood OST 2 - To Be King
youtube.com/watch?v=hdp_g-RYjQI&feature=related

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood OST 2 - Battle Scherzo
youtube.com/watch?v=Obmd6Z0K3mg

With all the music I hear now a days, I would be kind of surprised if there are still people writing that orchestration type of music that I hear many Catholics support over the ones blasted over radios.

Don't get me wrong, I listen to as much rock, pop, etc. as much as the next guy. :rolleyes:

[quote="itrytofight, post:1, topic:204339"]
Does the west make anything as epic as these pieces of music anymore? :confused:

With all the music I hear now a days, I would be kind of surprised if there are still people writing that orchestration type of music that I hear many Catholics support over the ones blasted over radios.

Don't get me wrong, I listen to as much rock, pop, etc. as much as the next guy. :rolleyes:

[/quote]

Well, I'm not a moderator, but this post looks like advertising to me.

I assure you its not.

[quote="itrytofight, post:1, topic:204339"]

[/quote]

I would encourage you to get out more. :p ;) (I kid, I kid! :D)

Seriously, though, there's probably more people writing orchestral music today than ever before simply because there's more people working in the arts than ever before.

Any epic Hollywood movie has an orchestral soundtrack. Some of it is actually quite good. John Williams, Danny Elfman, and their ilk may not seem to us to be the next Mozart and Beethoven because of the medium for which they compose, but they are accomplished composers in their own right. If Mozart and Beethoven were alive today, they'd probably be scoring big budget action/adventure movies, too. :p

Personally, I go for the orchestral/symphonic heavy metal bands. :p Most of them are European or American, so they would all classify as "Western". Try Rhapsody of Fire's The Wizard's Last Rhymes.

The orchestral music is out there, you just have to know where to look. Of course, there's no problem with it not being of Western origin either.

Alright then, I'll give them a try joe 5859.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.