The wheat and the tares - a symbiotic relationship

Matthew 13 29-30
But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.

The wheat is ground into flour and mixed with oil, salt and water to make unleavened dough.
Then what do you do with it?

You bake it. But in Jesus’ time what was needed to heat the oven? It was fire.

And what was available to burn? The tares.

You can only bake bread with both wheat and tares. Wheat alone is useless. Tares on their own are useless.

To create Bread (Jesus) you need both Wheat and Tares…

You might consider yourself wheat. But without the tares you will never make Bread.

Well, no… because there are other things you can burn.

But… are you really trying to convince us that in order to achieve salvation, we need to destroy the ungodly? Really?!?!?!? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hi!

You are assuming that there was no other source of fuel for cooking/baking other than tares.

Yet, even if this were so, you cannot mix tares into the wheat to bake the wheat–they remain separate and apart: wheat–nourishment; tares-fuel for the burning.

Maran atha!

Angel

I thought that the tares were ‘raptured’ off somewhere… :roll_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.