The Whore of Babylon

Many protestants say that the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon. It is apparent that most of them have no education on the history of either the Church, Christianity, nor history itself.

Rome as I recalled in the day of Christ was called Babylon, there was no Vatican City at this time. Although Rome was where Peter the first Pope was preaching and establishing the Church.

If one were logical and believed that from the beginning of the Christian Church that it was the Whore of Babylon, then they would have to admit that the Bible is also a pagan book, as it was written by the Catholic Church.

I am concerned because my daughter who does have some problems has been taken in by a man who at least finished high school, has been a heavy drug user earlier and never read the Bible, nor belonged to any church, he also is not baptized, so I don’t consider he is even a Christian.

His main concern is only the Book of Revelation and the last days. He ties every thing happening today into the last days and that all the popes were evil, except maybe John Paul II and even Francis.

My daughter idolizes this man and is very confused, she will agree with almost every stupid issue he says and although I finally spoke to her about some of these beliefs, she did seem to believe me, then he told her he wouldn’t trust her mom or any priest or even any type of church. He knows more by reading the Bible and interpreting it himself than anyone else.

What is a simple way of proving what he says is wrong and if one believes the Church is Babylon, then he shouldn’t even read the Bible as it was written by those in the church of Babylon.

Anyway none of what he says makes any sense and he gets much information from anti Catholic websites. I am just concerned with my daughter as she does have a serious medical problem and can be manipulated by him.

Any good answers, not too complicated would be appreciated.

Yours in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary

Bernadette

Please get your daughter away from this man. I will be praying for you.

I would get a book on the subject, read up on the facts yourself and challenge your daughter to read it! There is a book called 'Coming Soon Unlocking the Book of Revelation, by Dr. Michael Barber (who is Catholic). If she won’t trust a Catholic author, there is another book called ‘Revelation and the End of All Things’, by Craig R. Koester (who is a Lutheran Professor of New Testament at Luther Seminary).

I personally believe the US is the modern day Babylon, If you google: hints from the bible at what is the whore of Babylon, you will find loads of verses that are describing the US. I have read them, ( I think they are on here somewhere, theres about 50 of them) nearly every single one points to the US, and unless the bible is referring to some unknown or yet to be established nation, I think it is definitely the US.

I think this also explains why the US will not be taking part in the battle of Armageddon.(they wont be able to) as God says Babylon will be destroyed in 3 hours.

But I realize many do not believe this, although Im not sure what else could fit the numerous descriptions listed in the bible.

This stuff has been around for a while now.

Here are some links to CA articles that will refute it very well.

[LIST]
*]Hunting the Whore of Babylon
*]The Whore of Babylon
*]The Antichrist
*]Who Is the Anti-Christ?
*]Who or what is the “anti-christ?”
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.