The Wings of an EAGLE or the WINGS of a VULTURE?

:frowning: Is this true that our nation is supporting the genocide of Palestinian peoples? If it is, then where is the outcry? Prime Minister of Pakistan General Mushariff is not a foolish man and I believe is just in demanding that our nation including our current president who I pray does not have a ‘racial hatred issue,’ and good Catholics will answer for voting for those who recklessly and unlawfully murder the living as well as the unborn for no other reason than for financial exploitations of natural resources, that, over time, could do serious damage to the Middle East area. WE NEED ALTERNATIVE FUEL RESOURCES PEOPLE. I hear so much about anti-semitism, but you never hear about anti-Palestinianism, anti-arabism, or anything of the sort. I used to listen to Don Imus in the Morning and after hearing him say that Palestinians were animals that needed to be exterminated, I think it’s HIGH time (or TIMES) that we deport people who spew such satanic drivel into the ears of God’s people. I have SO MUCH of a love of Palestinian and Jew, not one or the other. BLESSED ARE THE PEACEMAKERS. How I wish I had satellite television to watch EWTN news instead of all this other infuriating secularistic and rascist/zionist (and for those who do not know, the antichristian POLITICAL movement of zionism is opposed by COUNTLESS multitudes of good Jewish people) trash. I shudder in my whole being to think of nuclear attack upon our great nation or anywhere in the Middle East and I cry much because of this. I look to the innermost of my soul and wonder if instead of I that is crying it truly is my Lord and my God, or perhaps all of us. I thank Him that tears are the currency to pay the price for admittance into his eternal places. How people can treat each other in such a way is so beyond me as a human being that I cry even as I write this. I wondered if anyone online here who will read this can direct me to a site that has to do with our Holy Church’s views on the Temple Institute of Jerusalem. It is an effort to build the third temple which makes no sense to build because Jesus’ and our Eternal Father rebuilt HIS BODY and GLORIFIED HIM in a way that my senses couldn’t comprehend. There needs to be some serious study done about this Temple Institute in Jerusalem and the people who lead it. Isn’t there a Scripture where Our Lord does indeed say “another will come in his own name and him you shall receive?” Please watch PBS Apocalypse and consider what is at stake and how Catholics should go about bringing healing where there is tremendous hurt in that part of the world. anyone here can reach me at efaith@frontiernet.net. Please pray for me as I am being bludgeoneded by despair.

smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_42.gif smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_1.gif

[quote=Eric1975] Is this true that our nation is supporting the genocide of Palestinian peoples?.
[/quote]

Actually, no. If you want to thow blame somewhere, you can start with:

1. Arafat who had many, many opportunities to make peace (often with US mediation) and chose terrorism instead.

2. The dictators in the middle east who have kicked the Palistinians out of their countries.

No, they are doing a fine job all by themselves. They don’t need anyones help to kill themselves. They delight in raising little suicide bombers to blow up the rest of the world and themselves. :rolleyes:

[quote=Marie]No, they are doing a fine job all by themselves. They don’t need anyones help to kill themselves. They delight in raising little suicide bombers to blow up the rest of the world and themselves.
[/quote]

I actually think it’s unfair to say that. I don’t think they delight in it at all. They are actually a very devout people who are being easily manipulated by the rulers because of their religious beliefs. I feel very sorry for the people themselves. They aren’t smart enough to know that is what is being done to them by their rulers. You don’t see the upper class doing it? No, they get the poor religous people to do their dirty work as always. We should pray they get better rulers, or that they learn to see through the rulers.

[quote=watertower]I actually think it’s unfair to say that. I don’t think they delight in it at all. They are actually a very devout people who are being easily manipulated by the rulers because of their religious beliefs. I feel very sorry for the people themselves. They aren’t smart enough to know that is what is being done to them by their rulers. You don’t see the upper class doing it? No, they get the poor religous people to do their dirty work as always. We should pray they get better rulers, or that they learn to see through the rulers.
[/quote]

I believe in calling a spade a spade. Poverty is no excuse for evil. God did not make them morally corrupt, nor does their circumstances. Only they can say “yes”, to doing the evil. God gave everyone an awareness of good and evil.

The poor and uneducated class’s of humanity, have been oppressed, since the beginning of mankind. Some of the greatest Saints and Holiest people have come from such oppression.

Whitewashing their evil, by placing the blame elsewhere is a cop out. Those who do evil… poor or undereducated, weathy and powerful or not…are to blame. Period!

[quote=Marie]I believe in calling a spade a spade. Poverty is no excuse for evil. God did not make them morally corrupt, nor does their circumstances. Only they can say “yes”, to doing the evil. God gave everyone an awareness of good and evil.

The poor and uneducated class’s of humanity, have been oppressed, since the beginning of mankind. Some of the greatest Saints and Holiest people have come from such oppression.

Whitewashing their evil, by placing the blame elsewhere is a cop out. Those who do evil… poor or undereducated, weathy and powerful or not…are to blame. Period!
[/quote]

In addition to this, I would have to think that at some point, a half way rational person would have to come to a conclussion that strapping plastic explosives to myself and denotating them on a bus full of kids can’t be a really smart career move. Or dismembering humanitarian workers. or any of that other nonsense.

Bin Ladin is rich. He could have lived anywhere he wanted to but chose to live in a cave. It is not about economics solely. It is about choosing evil over good.

[quote=Marie]I believe in calling a spade a spade. Poverty is no excuse for evil. God did not make them morally corrupt, nor does their circumstances. Only they can say “yes”, to doing the evil. God gave everyone an awareness of good and evil.

[/quote]

Not when they are being manipulated. They are told that other people are committing atrocities, that the other people are evil and that the other people must be stopped. They are told that what they do will get rid of the evildoers, that is will save their people from the evil. And they believe it. The rulers control what the people are told, which is usually lies.

Bin Laden is a master manipulator. You don’t see him carrying out the plans himself, do you? He gets someone else to do it.

[quote=watertower]Not when they are being manipulated. They are told that other people are committing atrocities, that the other people are evil and that the other people must be stopped. They are told that what they do will get rid of the evildoers, that is will save their people from the evil. And they believe it. The rulers control what the people are told, which is usually lies.

Bin Laden is a master manipulator. You don’t see him carrying out the plans himself, do you? He gets someone else to do it.
[/quote]

Satan is the ultimate manipulator of mankind, OBL included…but we don’t get a free pass when we let ourselves be manipulated, by him or his minions. No one does. That is, as I already stated: “A cop out!” It won’t wash in Eternity. :rolleyes:

[quote=Marie]Satan is the ultimate manipulator of mankind, OBL included…but we don’t get a free pass when we let ourselves be manipulated, by him or his minions. No one does. That is, as I already stated: “A cop out!” It won’t wash in Eternity. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Only our Lord knows what is truly in their hearts, I’m not going to pretend that I know. However, I still feel it is unfair to say as you quoted:

They delight in raising little suicide bombers to blow up the rest of the world and themselves.

I believe a more fair assessment would be that the rulers are the ones who are delighted.

[quote=watertower]Only our Lord knows what is truly in their hearts, I’m not going to pretend that I know. However, I still feel it is unfair to say as you quoted:
I believe a more fair assessment would be that the rulers are the ones who are delighted.
[/quote]

Watertower you have a good heart and I do agree these folks are being manipulated. BUT, they do feel that sacrificing a child for a suicide mission is an honor so using the word “delight” may not be all that far off. There was just an interview with a mother who she was honored by a child who blew themself up along with a group of infidels. Families are paid $25000 for one of these sacrifices and I understand that $900 a YEAR is the average income among the people. Plus the child is put on a big poster, has a video made of their final words. It becomes a status symbol and a financial transaction as well. The families get a lot of support. IOW in this group life is cheap.

Lisa N

[quote=Eric1975]:frowning: Is this true that our nation is supporting the genocide of Palestinian peoples? If it is, then where is the outcry? Prime Minister of Pakistan General Mushariff is not a foolish man and I believe is just in demanding that our nation including our current president who I pray does not have a ‘racial hatred issue,’ and good Catholics will answer for voting for those who recklessly and unlawfully murder the living as well as the unborn for no other reason than for financial exploitations of natural resources, that, over time, could do serious damage to the Middle East area. WE NEED ALTERNATIVE FUEL RESOURCES PEOPLE. I hear so much about anti-semitism, but you never hear about anti-Palestinianism, anti-arabism, or anything of the sort. I used to listen to Don Imus in the Morning and after hearing him say that Palestinians were animals that needed to be exterminated, I think it’s HIGH time (or TIMES) that we deport people who spew such satanic drivel into the ears of God’s people. I have SO MUCH of a love of Palestinian and Jew, not one or the other. BLESSED ARE THE PEACEMAKERS. How I wish I had satellite television to watch EWTN news instead of all this other infuriating secularistic and rascist/zionist (and for those who do not know, the antichristian POLITICAL movement of zionism is opposed by COUNTLESS multitudes of good Jewish people) trash. I shudder in my whole being to think of nuclear attack upon our great nation or anywhere in the Middle East and I cry much because of this. I look to the innermost of my soul and wonder if instead of I that is crying it truly is my Lord and my God, or perhaps all of us. I thank Him that tears are the currency to pay the price for admittance into his eternal places. How people can treat each other in such a way is so beyond me as a human being that I cry even as I write this. I wondered if anyone online here who will read this can direct me to a site that has to do with our Holy Church’s views on the Temple Institute of Jerusalem. It is an effort to build the third temple which makes no sense to build because Jesus’ and our Eternal Father rebuilt HIS BODY and GLORIFIED HIM in a way that my senses couldn’t comprehend. There needs to be some serious study done about this Temple Institute in Jerusalem and the people who lead it. Isn’t there a Scripture where Our Lord does indeed say “another will come in his own name and him you shall receive?” Please watch PBS Apocalypse and consider what is at stake and how Catholics should go about bringing healing where there is tremendous hurt in that part of the world. anyone here can reach me at efaith@frontiernet.net. Please pray for me as I am being bludgeoneded by despair.
[/quote]

Eric, I wish you would break your post up into paragraphs. This is very hard to decipher.

"The advance of freedom is the surest strategy to undermine the appeal of terror in the world. Where freedom takes hold, hatred gives way to hope. When freedom takes hold, men and women turn to the peaceful pursuit of a better life. American values and American interests lead in the same direction: We stand for human liberty."
whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/05/iraq/20030501-15.html

PS: The Eagle is a bird of prey, the vulture isn’t.

[quote=Eric1975]:frowning: Is this true that our nation is supporting the genocide of Palestinian peoples? If it is, then where is the outcry? Prime Minister of Pakistan General Mushariff is not a foolish man and I believe is just in demanding that our nation including our current president who I pray does not have a ‘racial hatred issue,’ and good Catholics will answer for voting for those who recklessly and unlawfully murder the living as well as the unborn for no other reason than for financial exploitations of natural resources, that, over time, could do serious damage to the Middle East area. WE NEED ALTERNATIVE FUEL RESOURCES PEOPLE. I hear so much about anti-semitism, but you never hear about anti-Palestinianism, anti-arabism, or anything of the sort. I used to listen to Don Imus in the Morning and after hearing him say that Palestinians were animals that needed to be exterminated, I think it’s HIGH time (or TIMES) that we deport people who spew such satanic drivel into the ears of God’s people. I have SO MUCH of a love of Palestinian and Jew, not one or the other. BLESSED ARE THE PEACEMAKERS. How I wish I had satellite television to watch EWTN news instead of all this other infuriating secularistic and rascist/zionist (and for those who do not know, the antichristian POLITICAL movement of zionism is opposed by COUNTLESS multitudes of good Jewish people) trash. I shudder in my whole being to think of nuclear attack upon our great nation or anywhere in the Middle East and I cry much because of this. I look to the innermost of my soul and wonder if instead of I that is crying it truly is my Lord and my God, or perhaps all of us. I thank Him that tears are the currency to pay the price for admittance into his eternal places. How people can treat each other in such a way is so beyond me as a human being that I cry even as I write this. I wondered if anyone online here who will read this can direct me to a site that has to do with our Holy Church’s views on the Temple Institute of Jerusalem. It is an effort to build the third temple which makes no sense to build because Jesus’ and our Eternal Father rebuilt HIS BODY and GLORIFIED HIM in a way that my senses couldn’t comprehend. There needs to be some serious study done about this Temple Institute in Jerusalem and the people who lead it. Isn’t there a Scripture where Our Lord does indeed say “another will come in his own name and him you shall receive?” Please watch PBS Apocalypse and consider what is at stake and how Catholics should go about bringing healing where there is tremendous hurt in that part of the world. anyone here can reach me at efaith@frontiernet.net. Please pray for me as I am being bludgeoneded by despair.
[/quote]

For a minute there I thought you were writing here about the semi Catholic song: “On Eagle’s Wings” or "Here I am Lord=good for a get together not MASS.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.