The Witness of the Stars

Did you all know that the entire plan of God is written in the stars

Introduction

For more than two thousand five hundred years the world was without a written revelation from God. The question is, Did God leave Himself without a witness? The question is answered very positively by the written Word that He did not. In Romans 1:19 it is declared that, “that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.” But how was God known?

Great study if you want to read more

philologos.org/__eb-tws/

Might I suggest you read a bit of St Thomas Aquinas’ Summa? You’d find it enlightening!

This is posted in your sig:

“When we come to ask ourselves, “Where did I learn this?” it is astonishing to find how much we have imbibed from man, and from tradition; and not directly and for ourselves, from the Word of God.”

You do realize, don’t you, that your knowledge and understanding as to what is Scripture and belongs in the Bible comes from Tradition?

cfrancis
You do realize, don’t you, that your knowledge and understanding as to what is Scripture and belongs in the Bible comes from Tradition?

“The Word that is preached makes known the Written Word; the Word that is written makes known Christ the Living Word; and Christ makes known God our Father.”

E. W. Bullinger

" The Scriptures and the Word Bear one tremendous name,
The Living and the Written Word In all things are the same."

Joseph Hart:—

This may be seen by noting carefully, in our reading, how precisely the same things are predicated of both one and the other.

SIMILAR PREDICATES OF “CHRIST” AND “THE SCRIPTURES.”

“His name is called THE WORD OF GOD,” Rev 19:13.
They “pressed upon Him to hear THE WORD OF GOD,” Luke 5:1.

The Prince of PEACE, Isa 9:6.
The Gospel of PEACE, Rom 10:15.

Jesus said,…“No man cometh unto the Father, but BY ME,” John 14:6.
“Make me to go in the PATH of Thy Commandments,” Psa 119:35.

“Jesus saith unto him, I am THE WAY,” John 14:6.
“Teach me, O Lord, THE WAY of Thy statutes,” Psa 119:33.

“I am…THE TRUTH,” John 14:6.
“Thy Word is TRUTH,” John 17:17.

SIMILAR EFFECTS ATTRIBUTED TO “CHRIST” AND “THE SCRIPTURES.”

We are “BORN OF God,” 1 John 5:18.
“BORN…by the Word of God,” 1 Peter 1:23.

“BEGOTTEN…by…Jesus Christ,” 1 Peter 1:3.
BEGOTTEN…through The Gospel," 1 Cor 4:15.

“Christ hath made us FREE,” Gal 5:1.
“The Truth shall make you FREE,” John 8:32.

“The Blood of Jesus Christ…CLEANSETH us from all sin,” 1 John 1:7.
“YE are CLEAN through the Word which I have spoken,” John 15:3.

I post all that to say this,my understanding comes from the Word of God,

**Psalm 19:1-4 **
The heavens declare the glory of God;
**and the firmament proclaims his handiwork. **
Day to day pours forth speech,
**and night to night declares knowledge. **
There is no speech, nor are there words;
their voice is not heard;
yet their voice goes out through all the earth,
**and their words to the end of the world! **

The living and the written word in all things the same?

So Mary gave birth to a book? The angel told the shepherds ‘I bring you good news … for this night a book was written …’ ? A book died for our sins and a book rose again for us? A book existed with God before the creation of the univers, and that book was God? All that exists was created through a BOOK? Most importantly, Jesus didn’t exist before about 80 or 90 AD? Sts Matthew, Mark, Luke, Peter, James, Jude, John, but mostly St Paul, brought Jesus into existence?

All those Scripture quotes get a hearty “AMEN!” from us Catholics…and, though not your intention, you have made my point.

Not one of those verses tells us:

• what books belong in the Bible;
  • how to dectermine which books are to be in the Bible.

You have avoided these questions through a couple of threads now; it’s time to face them.

So, here’s the quote in your sig again:

“When we come to ask ourselves, “Where did I learn this?” it is astonishing to find how much we have imbibed from man, and from tradition; and not directly and for ourselves, from the Word of God.”

Do you, or do you not, acknowledge that your knowledge and understanding as to what constitutes the Bible comes from Tradition?

Funny that in order to demonstrate that you do not rely on the traditions of men, you quote some traditions of men. :wink:

I agree with you about the witness of the stars, btw.

Paul

I had the same thought. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.