The Word, Messiah, Jesus in the Creation Accounts of Genesis?

I will just sit back and read any posts that might be posted.

How is the Word, Messiah, Jesus seen in the Creation Accounts of Genesis in the first three chapters?

I am hoping to see the literal and the other senses of Scripture.

Thanks in addvance to any that post…

I think I will just read, learn and pray about the posts.

Again, thanks!

Hi Jim,

could you rephrase the question for some of us slower folks??? thanks

*1:1 *In the beginning God created heaven, and earth.

*2:8 * And the Lord God had planted a paradise of pleasure from the beginning:

The entire Holy Bible reveals God, Father, Word/Son and Holy Spirit.

PABoy57

I will try; I am just a struggling Catholic student.

My mother said I should be a practicing Catholic, 'cause I need a lot of practice.

Therefore the creation accounts must do the same.

How is God revealed in the creation accounts.

I am hoping that a wealth of information comes pouring out.

I do not have the talent, time, energy or scholarship to study it.

I am confident that the Word and the entire Trinity is revealed in the literal sense.

It is not a story.

There is a literal sense, at least this is what I believe.

I surely did not mean to be unclear, I am just a regular Catholic with limited talents.

Again, I am sorry for being unclear.

In the beginning God created heaven, and earth. 2 And the earth was void and empty, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God moved over the waters.

Not sure if this is the kind of thing you’re thinking Jim but.

In God the Son, God the Father created and the Spirit of God moved over the waters.

Yes!

I hope to read and learn.

Thanks!

John 2:1
***And the third day, there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee: ***

13 And the evening and the morning were the third day. 14 And God said: Let there be lights made in the firmament of heaven, to divide the day and the night, and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years: 15 To shine in the firmament of heaven, and to give light upon the earth. And it was so done.

*** and the mother of Jesus was there.***

16 And God made two great lights: a greater light to rule the day; and a lesser light to rule the night: and the stars. 17 And he set them in the firmament of heaven to shine upon the earth. 18 And to rule the day and the night, and to divide the light and the darkness. And God saw that it was good.

Thanks!

Benadam

You’re welcome Jim:-)
You picked a great subject for a thread. Seeking Jesus in the beginning is trully finding the end there as well. If the end is found in the beginning, well, there is everything inbetween. There are a number of CA members that would contribute panoramic vistas for us with this theme. Hope they do. Thanks for posting this idea too.

Gen 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth."

Thanks to Benadam and thistle!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.