The words of jesus

I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring you ought to support the weak, and to remember the word of the Lord Jesus, how he said: It is a more blessed thing to give, rather than to receive. John 3:5 So why do most non-cathloic not have a Baptism of Infants
Is this not showing the necessity of baptism

How do you ‘equate’ charity to baptism? Baptism (according to the scriptures) occurs after accepting Christ as your saviour (seeking forgiveness for your past sins), and starting a new ‘Christian’ life. Charity is the sharing of gifts given unto you by God, with the less fortunate. :slight_smile:

How can an infant have “past sins” and how can an infant choose to except christ it’s savior? Are you referring to original sin? And, do you advocate forcing the religion of the parents on the infant?

Jesus didn’t say anything about original sin. He said nothing about baptizing infants.

Aren’t these ideas fabricated by Paul?

Apologies, I was actually referring to the OP’s comment "So why do most non-cathloic not have a Baptism of Infants in conjunction with the second posters comments.

A correct approach to the Pauline doctrine of original sin must take into consideration Paul’s understanding of the fallen state of creation, including the powers of Satan, death and corruption, the justice of God and law, and anthropology and the destiny of man and creation. If Paul honestly believed this, is it fabrication?

I am a Protestant. We do not baptize babies. I was asking a question in regards to the original thread. :slight_smile:

Again, my apologies. It was not my intent to accuse. I was just using your post to facilitate my question.

You got me I do not know what you are talking about if you have a clue let me know and BTW here is what My Bibnle has to say JOHN 3"5

Jesus answered, and said to him: Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

And Jesus came and said to them, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
-Matthew 28:18-19

Are you ‘all there’? What a screwed up thread. :slight_smile:

Hey Bill Pick,

First, Presbyterians, Lutherans, Methodists, Anglicans, and Orthodox all practice infant baptism. I don’t have the statistics, but I’ll bet it is almost even as to the numbers among non-Catholics and the question of infant baptism.

But as to those who take the negative view of pedo-baptism, in my opinion the Scripture is inadequate by itself to resolve the arguments on both sides of this question. Without the Traditional practice of the Catholic Church as a guide, I would not have full confidence that infant baptism is certainly an apostolic practice.

Regards,

Rory

How does this verse say anything about infant baptism?

This is a confusing thread.:confused:

Roy Thank you for your answer this thread is so mess up I can not get a answer your is the first after the first one I got some gut talkibg about Matt 18 15 19 or something like that I,m going to bed and will get back tues.

"baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."
But I thought it should include infants.

And also :
Did people understand John the Baptist saying “repent and be baptized”?
Oh, it is in that page second question! :slight_smile:
catholic.com/thisrock/quickquestions/dailyquestions

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.