The working and non-working poor

Most of my real estate appraising is with foreclosure! I deal daily with seeing tradegy. Families out on the street! And it is getting worst.
I know many who come to this site, ask for prayers for one thing or another. I would ask you to pray for those who lost their jobs, their homes, their families if you aren’t doing so now.
Personally, I don’t see how the current plan offered by the Democrats helping the people I just mentioned.
Somehow I see all of what is happening as a gift from Our Lord to get us back in line and I’m sure you know what I mean. Nonetheless, many people will continue to be hurt and your prayers are needed.

I deal with foreclosures too.

I dont see how this plan will help either.

I will join you in prayer!

I am also joining you in prayer

Joining you in prayer also. I agree that the so called stimulus plan will be a total waste of money and believe it will saddle our children and grandchildren with debt for years to come. They need to cut taxes and let the private sector and people spend the money to stimulate the economy.

I am not an economist and don’t even pretend to know the solutions to our problems with the economy. Although I feel as you do with saddling our grandchildren and their children with debt, I feel like we are all on the Titantic with some (members of congress) throwing life jackets, but the jackets are old ideas that failed the last time they threw these life jackets. And there is nothing we can do but pray!

As the plane headed into the Hudson, I’m sure all the passengers were praying. We need that kind of miracle.

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Jesus please have pity on the desperation that so many who live in poverty
and so many unemployed persons experience, as so many people are losing their jobs…and their businesses…and their homes.

Please help the unemployed to find work.
Have mercy Jesus in these serious issues for lives and relationships. Please help families to survive economically and emotionally.
Jesus please encourage an improvement in the economy so that unemployment issues and financial difficulties ease.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Dear Lord let all those who are looking for employment and who are in need of financial aid, come to You with humble trust. During their doubts, perplexities, and temptations, Jesus, help them. In their hours of loneliness, weariness and trials, Jesus, help them. In the failure of their plans and hopes; in disappointments, troubles and sorrows, Jesus help them. When others fail them, and Your grace alone can assist them, Jesus, help them. When they throw themselves on Your tender love as a Brother and Savior, Jesus, help them. When their heart is cast down by failure to see any good come from their efforts, Jesus, help them. When they feel impatient, and their cross irritates them, Jesus, help them. When they are ill, and their head and hands cannot work and they are lonely, Jesus, help them. Always, in spite of weakness, falls, and shortcomings of every kind, Jesus help them and we know you will never forsake them. Help them to find employment and ease their suffering in this time of need.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.