The world getting worst

As we can see, the world is getting worst. There is much more hated towards others,

people killing others,you can be sitting on your pourch, walking down a street and you could be a target,childern killing or teenagers shooting others at school,people get mad
If you cut them off in traffice ,some times they get upset and follow you and start with you.
Family,s are so stress out becaues of hard times, that instead of getting help they end
up killing there family. What about the time I watch a tv news story were a person ran
his vehice into abunch of kid,s hurting alot of them,Even going into a store you can,t tell
if you going to be in the wrong place and be a inocone bystander and could be killed,there
are many people out there that unstabled,and have problems, we only know about it,
when we hear it in the news,some times we can,t beleive that it was a person that live in are negborerhood.
That why it,s always good to pray the Rosary and ask OUR LADY for her protection.

GOD BLESS:)

You mean “worse,” no?

Johnthe baptist1 said:
As we can see, the world is getting worst. There is much more hated towards others,
people killing others,you can be sitting on your pourch, walking down a street and you could be a target,childern killing or teenagers shooting others at school,people get mad
If you cut them off in traffice ,some times they get upset and follow you and start with you.
Family,s are so stress out becaues of hard times, that instead of getting help they end
up killing there family. What about the time I watch a tv news story were a person ran
his vehice into abunch of kid,s hurting alot of them,Even going into a store you can,t tell
if you going to be in the wrong place and be a inocone bystander and could be killed,there
are many people out there that unstabled,and have problems, we only know about it,
when we hear it in the news,some times we can,t beleive that it was a person that live in are negborerhood.
That why it,s always good to pray the Rosary and ask OUR LADY for her protection.

*Yes, John, things are getting worse! What you wrote above is happening all over the world all the time now. It just may not be happening yet in the better neighborhoods here in the U.S. and if it isn’t happening to us directly, then we have a tendency to forget that it has anything to do with us at all! That’s terrible, I know, but true nonetheless!

I think you are right to encourage people to pray more, and the Rosary is a great place to begin! It is a private prayer that can be prayed anywhere at any time and yet it also allows us to meditate at length if we wish to, on any or all of the mysteries. Some Catholics have a tendency to shy away from Mary and that is sad because she is the source of great graces for those she prays for and brings to her Son! You remind me of John the Baptist in the Bible. He was also someone who tried to bring the people closer to God the best way that he could! I pray that those around you are also praying as the times are not getting better! It is especially crucial to get this to the young people! They have a tendency to feel hopeless and that leads to all kinds of negative things. Yes, John, we all need to pray more!

DesertSister62*

even if this world is getting worse the light will always outshine the darkness and the darker the dark is the brighter the light will be I’ve seen some amazing hope in people who are faithful to christ and his church. Im excited

Hey I really don’t want to be mean, but do you know how to use punctuation? I can understand some misspelled words, or some grammar error, but you really should learn how to use punctuation marks. For example its not (it,s) it is typed (it’s) with an Apostrophe if you are using it to replace “it is”. It will help you and your argument very much. Again I am not trying to be mean just helpful.

Yes, pray the rosary for an increase of love, and then just persevere, as this man did. Perseverance! :):):slight_smile:

Carl was a quiet man. He didn’t talk much.

He would always greet you with a big smile and a firm handshake.

Even after living in our neighborhood for over 50 years,

no one could really say they knew him very well.

Before his retirement, he took the bus to work each morning.

The lone sight of him walking down the street often worried us.

He had a slight limp fr om a bullet wound received in WWII.

Watching him, we worried that although he had survived WWII,

he may not make it through our changing uptown neighborhood with its ever-increasing random violence, gangs, and drug activity.

When he saw the flyer at our local church asking for volunteers for caring for the gardens behind the minister’s residence, he responded in his characteristically unassuming manner. Without fanfare, he just signed up.

He was well into his 87th year when the very thing we had always feared finally happened.

He was just finishing his watering for the day when three gang members approached him.
Ignoring their attempt to intimidate him, he simply asked,

“Would you like a drink fr om the hose?”

The tallest and toughest-looking of the three said, “Yeah, sure,” with a malevolent little smile.

As Carl offered the hose to him, the other two grabbed Carl’s arm, throwing him down.

As the hose snaked crazily over the ground, dousing everything in its way,

Carl’s assailants stole his retirement watch and his wallet, and then fled.

Carl tried to get himself up, but he had been thrown down on his bad leg.

He lay there trying to gather himself as the minister came running to help him.

Although the minister had witnessed the attack fr om his window,

he couldn’t get there fast enough to stop it.

“Carl, are you okay? Are you hurt?” the minister kept asking as he helped Carl to his feet.

Carl just passed a hand over his brow and sighed, shaking his head.

“Just some punk kids. I hope they’ll wise-up someday.”

His wet clothes clung to his slight fr ame as he bent to pick up the hose.

He adjusted the nozzle again and started to water.

Confused and a little concerned, the minister asked, “Carl, what are you doing?”

“I’ve got to finish my watering. It’s been very dry lately,” came the calm reply.

Satisfying himself that Carl really was all right, the minister could only marvel.
Carl was a man fr om a different time and place.

A few weeks later the three returned. Just as before their threat was unchallenged.
Carl again offered them a drink fr om his hose.

This time they didn’t rob him.

They wrenched the hose fr om his hand and drenched him head to foot in the icy water.

When they had finished their humiliation of him,

they sauntered off down the street, throwing catcalls and curses,

falling over one another laughing at the hilarity of what they had just done.

Carl just watched them.

Then he turned toward the warmth giving sun, picked up his hose, and went on with his watering.

The summer was quickly fading into fall Carl was doing some tilling when he was startled by the sudden approach of someone behind him.

He stumbled and fell into some evergreen branches.

As he struggled to regain his footing, he turned to see the tall leader of his summer tormentors reaching down for him. He braced himself for the expected attack.

“Don’t worry old man, I’m not gonna hurt you this time.”

The young man spoke softly, still offering the tattooed and scarred hand to Carl. As he helped Carl get up, the man pulled a crumpled bag fr om his pocket and handed it to Carl.

“What’s this?”
Carl asked. “It’s your stuff,” the man explained. “It’s your stuff back.
Even the money in your wallet.” “I don’t understand,”

Carl said. “Why would you help me now?”

The man shifted his feet, seeming embarrassed and ill at ease. “I learned something fr om you,” he said. “I ran with that gang and hurt people like you we picked you because you were old and we knew we could do it But every time we came and did something to you, instead of yelling and fighting back, you tried to give us a drink. You didn’t hate us for hating you. You kept showing love against our hate.”

He stopped for a moment. “I couldn’t sleep after we stole your stuff, so here it is back.”

He paused for another awkward moment, not knowing what more there was to say. “That bag’s my way of saying thanks for straightening me out, I guess.” And with that, he walked off down the street.

Carl looked down at the sack in his hands and gingerly opened it. He took out his retirement watch and put it back on his wrist. Opening his wallet, he checked for his wedding photo. He gazed for a moment at the young bride that still smiled back at him fr om all those years ago.

He died one cold day after Christmas that winter. Many people attended his funeral in spite of the weather.

In particular the minister noticed a tall young man that he didn’t know sitting quietly in a distant corner of the church.

The minister spoke of Carl’s garden as a lesson in life.

In a voice made thick with unshed tears, he said, “Do your best and make your garden as beautiful as you can. We will never forget Carl and his garden.”

The following spring another flyer went up. It read: “Person needed to care for Carl’s garden.”

The flyer went unnoticed by the busy parishioners until one day when a knock was heard at the minister’s office door.

Opening the door, the minister saw a pair of scarred and tattooed hands holding the flyer. “I believe this is my job, if you’ll have me,” the young man said.

The minister recognized him as the same young man who had returned the stolen watch and wallet to Carl.

He knew that Carl’s kindness had turned this man’s life around. As the minister handed him the keys to the garden shed, he said, “Yes, go take care of Carl’s garden and honor him.”

The man went to work and, over the next several years, he tended the flowers and vegetables just as Carl had done.

During that time, he went to college, got married, and became a prominent member of the community. But he never forgot his promise to Carl’s memory and kept the garden as beautiful as he thought Carl would have kept it.

One day he approached the new minister and told him that he couldn’t care for the garden any longer. He explained with a shy and happy smile, “My wife just had a baby boy last night, and she’s bringing him home on Saturday.”

“Well, congratulations!” said the minister, as he was handed the garden shed keys. “That’s wonderful! What’s the baby’s name?”

“Carl,” he replied.

Love is more powerful than hate.

I agree that the world is getting worse. I think we are living in worse times now than we have ever before. Never before have we had such widespread abortion and gay “marriage”. And that is just a couple of things. I honestly believe that Jesus will be coming back very soon.

The world is actually just as bad, morally, as it ever was. The notion that there was some moral “golden age” is a false one. The only difference between now and Jesus’ times is the earth’s population, which is much larger than it was when the Bible was being written. Go read any history book from any period and you’ll see for yourselves how evil people were in older times.

Very true and also how fast immorality spreads from one society to another due to technology and faster means of travel. Each society has their immorality, but today we pretty much all share them because of the times.

As the song goes “We’ve only just begun.” I believe humanity is in a downward spiral with increasingly tight curves. What else can we expect in an increasingly Godless society.

You’ve apparently never read anything about Pompeii, and that was 2,000 years ago.

Sexual immorality and all of the sins associated with it has been around since the beginning.

I, too, agree that the world is getting worse and at a rapid rate. Things have speeded up since the year 2000 for whatever reason.

It is true that the light shines in darkness, but remember that St. John added after that “and the darkness did not comprehend it.”

Stay close to Our Blessed Mother, pray the Rosary, daily (if possible) Holy Mass, Holy Communion, frequent Holy Hours of Reparation. Our home is Heaven; we are only passing through here on the way there. :slight_smile:

The sins are the same but thanks to technology, people are emboldened to commit sins because of ease of access and their ability to find like-minded people who can enforce their habits. One example I love to bring up is pedophaelia. Not only are these sinners able to access material easily on the web, thanks to modern transportation, many of them travel around the world to exploit children from improverished nations. And then share this same information again on the internet. Truly sick, but technology has empowered them.

Naw. The world is getting much more worse. Any purvey of statistics could tell you that.
The really bothersome situation is the fact that many Christians today…aren’t Christian. Not in the sense that they are sinners - because we all are - but in the sense that they don’t know and don’t have a sense of what sin is.

And we all know what happened to Pompeii.

I don’t think that the world is getting worst. Because we are living in a modern life with many good relationships. There are some debates happening everyday due to reasonable conflicts for a developing world.

Web Development

Worse, they are Christians without knowing what the true sense of being a Christian is

What hs been said is true enough but on the other hand we have much to thank God for…and just for those physical things…like clean water, blessed hot water,a roof that does not leak, not sharing your bed with bugs, having a bed of your own and possibly a room of your own, food at regular intervals, access to health care, law and order of whatever degree, women living beyond child bearing years, ie not dying during child birth or of child bed fever, not toiling from dawn to dusk with rheumatism/bad backs on poor food .

All the things listed are not available to every human being on the planet. This was the lot of my ancestors …

Take comfort from the little line from Psalm 22:4 “for though I should walk in the midst of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,for thou art with me.”

If the world is getting worse, don’t panic. It just means you’re getting old enough to filter it all through the lens of your own misery!:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.