The world will end with peace, not annihilation, Pope Francis says

At the end of time, he said, “we will be face to face” with God. “It’s beautiful to think about this, isn’t it, to think about heaven. All of us will be there, all of us. It’s beautiful and gives us strength.” catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1404931.htm

“This is where the church is heading,” he said. “More than a place, it is a state of the soul where our deepest aspirations will be fulfilled with abundance.”

At the end of time, he said, “we will be face to face” with God. “It’s beautiful to think about this, isn’t it, to think about heaven. All of us will be there, all of us. It’s beautiful and gives us strength.”

The communion of the church cannot be broken by death and will only be stronger at the end of time, he said. “It is a deep communion between the church in heaven and that still journeying on earth. Those who already are living in the presence of God, in fact, can support, intercede and pray for us.”

And, Christians on earth, he said, “are called to offer good works, prayers and the (celebration of the) Eucharist to alleviate the tribulation of the souls still awaiting blessedness without end.”

The prayers for those in purgatory, the pope said, make sense because from a Catholic point of view, “the distinction is not between those who have died and those who have not yet, but between those who are in Christ and those who are not. This is the decisive element for our salvation and happiness.”

These are the most beautiful words!

For all the Doom and Gloomers. A thought of Hope.

catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1404931.htm

Very beautiful indeed!

“All of us will be there, all of us” Is a bit presumptuous though.

[quote=graciew]“This is where the church is heading,” he said. “More than a place, it is a state of the soul”.
[/quote]

What does that mean? :confused:

catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1404931.htm

Pope Francis says;
At the end of time, he said, “we will be face to face” with God. “It’s beautiful to think about this, isn’t it, to think about heaven. All of us will be there, all of us. It’s beautiful and gives us strength.”

The communion of the church cannot be broken by death and will only be stronger at the end of time, he said. "It is a deep communion between the church in heaven and that still journeying on earth.

Here the Pope has told us that many of us will not be alive when the Lord comes, but that "the Church contains The Church Suffering, The Church Militant and The Church Triumphant; but make no mistake, there will be much suffering between now and that time and Scripture says that only a remnant will survive alive.

DesertSister62

We will all be there at the end. Some on the right and some on the left. It’s up to us. God Bless, Memaw

“All” can be used as an absolute inclusive sense, or a distributed sense.

The Church (no Christian) has ever believed in the annihilation of the Cosmos.

The Church will enter the glory of the kingdom only through this final Passover, when she will follow her Lord in his death and Resurrection. The kingdom will be fulfilled, then, not by a historic triumph of the Church through a progressive ascendancy, but only by God’s victory over the final unleashing of evil, which will cause his Bride to come down from heaven. God’s triumph over the revolt of evil will take the form of the Last Judgment after the final cosmic upheaval of this passing world. CCC677

Before Christ’s second coming the Church must pass through a final trial that will shake the faith of many believers. The persecution that accompanies her pilgrimage on earth will unveil the “mystery of iniquity” in the form of a RELIGIOUS deception offering men an apparent solution to their problems at the price of apostasy from the truth. The supreme religious deception is that of the Antichrist, a pseudo-messianism by which man glorifies himself in place of God and of his Messiah come in the flesh. CCC675

It is my understanding that this type of premillennial eschatology is acceptable for Catholics. However, the Holy Father may be indicating he is more in line with St. Augustine. I may be talking through my hat, but I was under the impression amillennialism was still more prevalent among Catholics.

I certainly got the impression that Pope Francis was implying that everyone is going to Heaven.

"It's beautiful to think about this, isn't it, to think about heaven. All of us will be there, all of us. It's beautiful and gives us strength."

Just before that he says, “This is where the church is heading.”
So I think it could be interpreted that he’s talking about all who belong in the Church.

And practice their Faith truthfully and sincerely. Christ gave us the 7 Sacraments for a reason. We need to trust them. God Bless, Memaw

I wonder why Pope Francis said that. All the saints before him have told us that not many are saved, including those in the Church.

Sometimes, I think Pope Francis is too positive. He should focus a little on the negative things.

The quotes I posted are from the catechism.There are at least four regarding the end times and antichrist. The last days do not come until antichrist reigns and the lawless one revealed. Jesus told us what to watch for so we keep vigilance just like the bride waiting for her bridegroom.

Maybe Pope Francis doesn’t want judge a single soul? He assumes everyone will go to heaven?
Simplistic and pure?
not
too positive?

In other words…yes.

The catechism says there will be a final unleashing of evil against the Church. That is not gloom and doom but HOPE.We know after we persevere we will be with Him forever

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.