The worries of this world just crush me

the economy, my job, my son's poor health (not life threatening, just nagging), politics, the future of our nation, etc., etc. man, i worry a lot. not the christian thing to do, i know, but i have a hard time helping it.

My friend gave me this verse a while ago and it really encouraged me :)

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart!** I have overcome the world**."
Jesus

wow. that's a great one. thank you.

This is the Scripture i randomly turned to in my Bible to answer your question after i asked in prayer for God to guide me;

"Behold, the hour cometh, and it is now come, that you shall be scattered every man to his own and shall leave me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. 33 These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace.** In the world you shall have distress. But have confidence. I have overcome the world." (Jn 16:32-33)**

Wow, that is truly scary! It is reminiscent of how St. Augustine randomly opened Sacred Scripture in answer to his prayers!

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

to make it even more scary (in a good way :)) take a look at my post above :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.