The worst call in baseball history?

hotair.com/archives/2010/06/02/video-the-worst-call-in-baseball-history/

After the game both ump and pitcher were gracious.

Joyce is one of the best in the business.

And he's already said that it was a kicked call. It was among the most important calls on his career, and he kicked it. He's more upset than anyone else with the call.

It happens. Time to move on.

In my opinion, MLB has to correct that call in an unprecedented move. It will take guts, but it would be an act of justice. They need to post-mortem call Jason Donald out at first. The Cleveland batter after that should have that at-bat erased like they do with stats of games called due to rain. Galarraga should then be awarded a perfect game. MLB can do it if they wanted.

[quote="gilliam, post:1, topic:200554"]
hotair.com/archives/2010/06/02/video-the-worst-call-in-baseball-history/

After the game both ump and pitcher were gracious.

[/quote]

grew up in Detroit as a fervent fan, Cleveland fan by marriage, but hey, Detroit needs a break you guys

My biases are showing but…:slight_smile:

the worst call in history is Don Denkinger’s in the 1985 Cardinals/Royals World Series. That affected the outcome of the game and not just a personal record. Plus, it made me very angry because that one was against MY team:p. I was a die hard Cardinal fan going to school in Kansas City at the time - no fun at all!

Kris

[quote="kwitz, post:5, topic:200554"]
My biases are showing but.......:)

the worst call in history is Don Denkinger's in the 1985 Cardinals/Royals World Series. That affected the outcome of the game and not just a personal record. Plus, it made me very angry because that one was against MY team:p. I was a die hard Cardinal fan going to school in Kansas City at the time - no fun at all!

Kris

[/quote]

And just for the Orioles...

ALCS Game 1 - 1996. 8th inning. shudder

Anyway, I know they were talking about instant replay, but didn't they do that for another game (last year I think)?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.