The Wrath of Islam

**Why is it that we Catholics don not get riled up when our religion is attacked? A few months ago, there was even violence from the Islamic world when the cartoon (caricature) of their prophet Muhammed was published in a Danish newspaper. Now, I do not advocate violence but why don’t Catholics get:mad: riled up when our religion is being attacked? Have we become complacent? I know that Jesus taught about “turning the other cheek” but we must defend the faith.:mad: **

Well, some do. I recently read an article about death threats received by some who trashed the Church.

I suspect, though, that most of us on these forums would do no such thing, including our regular Muslim posters.

Ruthie

Because Jesus taught us to turn the other cheek, unlike Mohammed clearly.

“Put on the Armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities and the powers, against the world leaders of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness on high.
Therefore take up the Armor of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and stand in all things perfect. Stand, therefore, having guarded your loins with truth, and having put on the Breastplate of Justice, and having your feet shod with the readiness of the gospel of peace, in all things taking up the shield of faith, with which you may be able to quench all the fiery darts of the most wicked one.
And take unto you the Helmet of Salvation and the Sword of the Spirit, that is the Word of God”. (Eph. 6:11-17)

We must stand up for our Catholic church, for Jesus Christ…

:clapping:

I totally agree with you.

:blessyou:

**Hello

Because Jesus taught us to turn the other cheek, unlike Mohammed clearly

This is not correct. Mohammad (sws) he taught fairness. So, if someone comes in and rapes your wife, daughter, baby, at knifepoint and makes one watch, hmmmmm ya gonna sit there and say, “Oh God bless you, you are forgiven and look the other way”??? What about an eye for an eye?

Islam is fair. People only hear what they wanna hear, and listen to whomever they want to listen to. Not everyone says the truth.

Islam teaches forgiveness but is also fair on account of “reimbursement” if that is the word to use. Muslims are allowed to protect, defend, and hurt if need be ~if their lives, their family are in jeopardy. This is fair is it not?

americanrevert

Islam is violence. Islam is a religion sent from satan. Islam will not prevail. Islam is in a fight to the death with Christianity. It will never win.

As a Muslim, you are not being fair. Turning the other cheek is applicable only in personal relations, not in political affairs or administrations. Governments and laws are to protect the rights of people and establish justice. Jesus never denied that.

More, the Koran always says God is merciful and forgiving. According to your faulty reasoning, this too goes against justice. :shrug:

This is neither true nor fair. The Koran asks Muslims to fight and humiliate ALL non-Muslims until they embrace Islam. This is clearly not a matter of defense, but of assault and violence.

As a Muslim, you are not being fair. Turning the other cheek is applicable only in personal relations, not in political affairs or administrations. Governments and laws are to protect the rights of people and establish justice. Jesus never denied that.

More, the Koran always says God is merciful and forgiving. According to your faulty reasoning, this too goes against justice.

That is where you are incorrect. Are you a judge of shari’ah? I have a nephew (in law) who is now studying shari’ah in Medinah and he probably would say quite a few things to you and also my son who is a student of uhul ahadith who would put you to shame.

Jesus did deny it. For he said that you take and worship him in vain…this is not a denial?

Allah is the most Just the Most Merciful. My reasoning isn’t faulty, it is only your misunderstanding of Islam that is.

This is neither true nor fair. The Koran asks Muslims to fight and humiliate ALL non-Muslims until they embrace Islam. This is clearly not a matter of defense, but of assault and violence.

You are so full of it~you obviously do not understand Islam otherwise you would not be saying such things. You are completely ignorant of Islam. Clearly ignorant and I must add arrogant to that as well.

You are not a scholar of Islam but you will now turn in say bad things to me etc., so no use in trying to make you understand Islam because you refuse to use your brain cells in being understanding.

americanrevert

I do not have to be a scholar of shariah to refute your weak arguments. Besides, what I say has nothing to do with Shariah. :shrug:

You are not an expert on the New Testament. How can you be so arrogant to claim that you understand the Bible better than Christians? :wink:

There is no use repeating the same claim without providing evidence for it. Next time please be more careful and do not forget to add your biblical references :wink:

Your reasoning and comparisons are faulty though. :slight_smile:

After these statements, we should change the name of this thread to “The Wrath of a new Muslim to a new Christian”. :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.