Then it Happened! Dx Cancer

I am praying to all of you and God as I just received notice of having Grade 6 - prostrate cancer.

Praying for shubbysr’s recovery and emotional well being.

Praying for you as you face this new callenge. May Our Lord and His Lady Mother watch over you and grant healing.

Praying for you :highprayer:

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty,” “The Wonder-Worker,” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you.

For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.
(shubbysr)

Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I will pray for you.

Just two years ago my husband, just in his mid fifties, had prostrate cancer grade 7. That is a 7 on the Gleason score and a moderately aggressive grade. We decided on the radical surgery and feel like it was God’s hand because in one year he had a recurrance and needed additional treatment. It was a blessing to have a backup available to him.

There are so many options thrown at you at this time…please feel free to PM me ~ we have been through it all and can offer personal support if you desire.

The most essential part that we relied on was our faith and family/friends during everything.

God be with you and Mary comfort you.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

St. Peregrine, as a humble Servant of Mary, you experienced human weakness and the pain and suffering of sickness. Knowing that medicine and human knowledge have limits, we pray for all those involved in the medical profession, that they may be a true source of healing and comfort for all people. Like you, we also turn to God in our suffering. Just as Jesus reached out and touched you with His healing hand, we pray for this person that they may be strengthened in body and spirit, and cured of their illness through Jesus Christ, by your intercession. In gratitude, we pray for the people of the world that they will come to know you, St. Peregrine, and the love that God has for each of them. Amen.

You must be in shock! I ask the Lord to be very close to you as you face and deal with this.:grouphug:

I’ll be praying for you,
Trishie

Thanks to all of you for kind words and prayers. I am still a bit numb, but okay. I am setting up a 2nd opinion with the folks at John Hopkins in Baltimore, Maryland. They are the “world experts” on prostate cancer.
It is a bit difficiult to concentrate on my work but, getting better. The hard part is not knowing if the cancer has spread because there is a strong history of cancer in my family.
shubbysr

I have added your intention to my blog prayer list and also sent you a private message.

My family will keep you in our prayers. Please do update us.

God bless you.

Our hearts go to you in this big challenge to your life and peace of mind. We’ll continue to pray for you. Let us know how things go at John Hopkins
Regards, Trishie

Dear Mother of Mercy, please turn your merciful gaze toward Shubbysr and intercede with our Lord Jesus Christ for his recovery.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty,” “The Wonder-Worker,” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you.

For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.
(shubbysr)

Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen.

Praying for you!

Dana

By His stripes we are healed. Praying for you.

Praying for you. Trust God, It will be okay. Remember there are alot worse cancers out there. They have alot of luck with that kind. My Prayers will be with you.

I hope all is well, and you will have a fast recovery
You are in my prayers! :gopray:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.