Then there are some Protestants who are wonderful!

I know I made the thread yesterday how some Protestants are hateful toward the CC.

The good part is, not ALL are!

I met my mother yesterday and we had lunch together (I also had to go to the orthodontist too because I had a loose wire behind my front teeth so she came along as well). She told me that her friend from church (remember my parents are Protestant in a Presbyterian church) told her that she got me a Confirmation card and is making me some sugar cookies! She told my mom that this is the time to be excited about! Now that made me feel good and now it got me to think more postively that not ALL Protestants are anti-Catholic!

What you guys think?

[quote=Paris Blues]I know I made the thread yesterday how some Protestants are hateful toward the CC.

The good part is, not ALL are!

I met my mother yesterday and we had lunch together (I also had to go to the orthodontist too because I had a loose wire behind my front teeth so she came along as well). She told me that her friend from church (remember my parents are Protestant in a Presbyterian church) told her that she got me a Confirmation card and is making me some sugar cookies! She told my mom that this is the time to be excited about! Now that made me feel good and now it got me to think more postively that not ALL Protestants are anti-Catholic!

What you guys think?
[/quote]

Of course there are wonderful Protestants!
There are terrible Catholics and wonderful Catholics, too.

Remember, we are are to love our neighbors as we love ourselves and we are to respond in love to hate.

Blessings and congratualations on your upcoming Confimation,
Richard

Amen!

My husband is Presbyterian and my best friend is Luthern…we have our moments, but I love them both very much!:yup:
Protestants and Catholics are brothers and sisters in Christ…we should all get along.
Jesus has said: Love one another as I have loved you.

[quote=Richard_Hurtz]Of course there are wonderful Protestants!
There are terrible Catholics and wonderful Catholics, too.

Remember, we are are to love our neighbors as we love ourselves and we are to respond in love to hate.

Blessings and congratualations on your upcoming Confimation,
Richard
[/quote]

Absolutely! :smiley:

And, I’d like to share what G. K. Chesterton said about loving our neighbor–that God has commanded us to love our neighbors and our enemies, because they are often the same persons! :tiphat:

And as a Catholic with an Evangelical Christian heart who comes from a Catholic/Protestant heritage and personal background, I agree. :thumbsup:

I think you are right :thumbsup: !

There are many wonderful people out there - I believe most don’t have a conspiracy theory against Catholics. It’s the few vocal ones that give this impression. I also think more people are Catholic out there and they don’t even know it!

I think the more informed a Protestant is about what the Church actually teaches the less likely they will be of the virulent anti-Catholic persuasion.

Back before I read anything from a Catholic author I thought the Catholic Church was leading people away from Christ. As I began reading what the Church had to say for itself, the more at ease I was with actually affording Catholics the title of Christian. The deeper I delved into Church history the more I realized that I would have to become Catholic.

I think most anti-Catholics are just ignorant not malicious.

The most wonderful Protestants I know don’t have the kinds of objections that show up on sites like this. Many that I am aquainted with look at Catholics as another group of good Christian folks who love the Lord.

I think that all of us will have our surprises when we see who is in Heaven.

Thanks for this thread! I am a former Catholic who does not hate the Catholic church, and has much love and respect for the Catholic Faith. It is good to see a kind word here.

Most of the time, people find out I am a former Catholic and immediately a “wall” goes up. They make all sorts of assumptions about me and start defending their faith, when I never assumed to question it.

cheddar

Excuse my interruption -
Cheddar, I see in your profile that you are a pantheist? I don’t think I ever heard that before :confused:. Can you elaborate for me? Not trying to evangelize, just curious.

Hi,

I was in a Catholic parish in OC Ca, for 45 years and most of the Catholic there are Protestant. I call them “Protesting Christians”. You can have some fun and go to: www.theprotestantreformation.blogspot.com

John

Hateful lies…:p.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.