Theology of the Traditional Latin Mass

For anyone interested in learning more:
I finished reading the Book “The Holy Mass” by Rev. Dom Prosper Guéranger and found it both informative and a beautiful explination of the Traditional Latin Mass.
baroniuspress.com/

I am also looking for other books that explain the rich Theology and traditions in the Holy Mass, if anyone knows of any, please do let me know. I attended a talk about the Theology and reason behind many aspects of the Holy Mass but can not find all the sources used since there is much written.

For example:
The number three (3) is for the Blessed Trinity, but also signifies infinity, therefore something such as reciting:
Domine, non sum dignus
ut intres sub tectum meum,
sed tantum dic verbum,
et sanabitur anima mea
…” (x3)
Is (said thrice) so that it is acknowledged by the individual soul before God that the soul is infinitely unworthy to recieve His Most Precious Body.

Thanks for posting any book recommendations!

Thanks for the link to the book.

If you like that book, then I’m sure you’ll love The Liturgical Year by Dom Gueranger.

15 volumes of writing on the liturgy. Apparently Saint Therese’s father used to read to his family from it.

I saw an ad (in New Oxford Review) where St. Bonaventure Publications is offering it for $100.00 plus $13.00 shipping which is over $100.00 off the full price through August 31st, 2007.

(406) 452-9752 or libers.com/liturgical_year.htm

(although the website seems to have a slightly higher price).

The site does list a higher price. But if you go to the online catalog
and add the set to your cart then you will be charged $100 plus shipping. I’ve ordered 2 sets from them and the price was $100 each time.

James

Great, thanks for the info.

I’ve seen that before and thought it may be expensive.
Hmmm…looks like I may have to reconsider my opinion! Quite a nice price…Thanks for the link!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.