...there any websites that can cut out swear words from a site?

There are those that block the site, but I want to know of any that edit out swear words and The Persons of God’s and Our Lady’s name in vain–especially the latter and the F word. One that works like Google Translate’s webpage translator or Rinkwork.com’s Dialectizer (a lot of fun!) would be a good model for changing what’s written on a website.

Thanks!

I don't know of any websites that offer this, but, if you use Firefox there is an add-on called ProCon Latte that will filter out profanity. It can also block explicit content (if you set it to).

what are you waiting for foolishmortal - get coding! Sounds like an interesting enterprise for the right person.

Or at least a Firefox Add-on.

Instead of deleting the word you could substitute silly words so the reader could see how silly using swear words really are. Maybe even make the words italicized or something so you knew that they were substitute words.

[quote="Dandelion_Wine, post:3, topic:214361"]
what are you waiting for foolishmortal - get coding! Sounds like an interesting enterprise for the right person.

Or at least a Firefox Add-on.

Instead of deleting the word you could substitute silly words so the reader could see how silly using swear words really are. Maybe even make the words italicized or something so you knew that they were substitute words.

[/quote]

Ha! It would be like Mad Libs for the internet:

"That is weird underwear, you green armadillo!!!"

:p

I heartily support this concept! :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.