There still exists a powerful relic connected to St. Michael the Archangel

Fascinating article. I had no idea…

There still exists a powerful relic connected to St. Michael the Archangel

"According to tradition, St. Michael the Archangel appeared to an Italian bishop in 493 and consecrated a nearby cave. This became known as the Sanctuary of Monte Sant’Angelo sul Gargano, more commonly referred to as Monte Gargano. It is one of the oldest shrines dedicated to St. Michael and was the center of Christian pilgrimages.

St. Michael said to the bishop, “I am the archangel Michael, and I have chosen to dwell in that place on earth and to keep it safe.” When they arrived to consecrate the cave, St. Michael said, “It is not necessary that you dedicate this church that I myself have consecrated with my presence.”

A legend says that one of the stones contains St. Michael’s footprint."

Are angels also saints?

No. Technically, angels were never human, so never had human bodies.

The Archangels (St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael) have the title of “Saint” even though Dan_Defender is correct that they were never humans.

Even if they had been human, a local legend is a far cry from a confirmed relic.

Saints are those in the presence of God. To my knowledge this title is not limited only to humans, and would therefore be applicable to the holy angels.

Yes but angels existed before humans so they are a class of their own. I don’t disagree with the title though.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.