"There's never been a day in the last four years I've been proud to be his vice president."

"There's never been a day in the last four years I've been proud to be his vice president."

weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-theres-never-been-day-last-four-years-ive-been-proud-be-his-vice-president_660130.html

Ah, Joe, 'ya gotta love him. Or, at least appreciate the humor and chuckles he brings to life. :D

[quote="SwizzleStick, post:1, topic:303915"]

weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-theres-never-been-day-last-four-years-ive-been-proud-be-his-vice-president_660130.html

Ah, Joe, 'ya gotta love him. :D

[/quote]

I believe him.

[quote="He_Man, post:2, topic:303915"]
I believe him.

[/quote]

:rotfl::rotfl:

[quote="SwizzleStick, post:1, topic:303915"]

Ah, Joe, 'ya gotta love him. Or, at least appreciate the humor and chuckles he brings to life. :D

[/quote]

As Winston Churchill said of Clement Attlee, "A modest man, who has much to be modest about."

I believe him.

[/quote]

:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

[quote="Trader, post:4, topic:303915"]
As Winston Churchill said of Clement Attlee, "A modest man, who has much to be modest about."

[/quote]

Watching the video made me laugh out loud and reading your post did too. Thank you!

I believe him.

[/quote]

Ha ha

Why do people cheer and/or clap after he says this?

[quote="_Abyssinia, post:7, topic:303915"]
Ha ha

[/quote]

Maybe they didn't hear or realize what he said. The only other option I can think of is quite uncharitable.

You know, this made me laugh. But, it is also scary to think that he is BO's #2. Scary.

[quote="_Abyssinia, post:7, topic:303915"]
Ha ha

[/quote]

Maybe they believe him, too.:cool:

[quote="Trader, post:9, topic:303915"]
Maybe they believe him, too.:cool:

[/quote]

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The obvious connotation is that he wanted be president, not #2. Not really a jab at the presidency, but tongue-in-cheek post-concession speech addendum ... and good self-deprecating humour in my estimation. :)

commentary not a news article

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.