There's no such things as Protestantism...

If a person loves Jesus and tries to do what He says, he is Catholic… whether he wants to admit it or not. He/She belongs to the Catholic Church, albeit imperfectly…

so the only Protestant would be the one who does NOT accept Christ…

just my thoughts on the subject… Agree???

Are you a non-Catholic who does NOT want to be called Catholic? :popcorn:

Hey - I’m a Catholic who does not want to be called Catholic!! :smiley:

(the word means too many things these days… :rolleyes: or, more precisely, it means nothing at all… :()

A proper, valid BAPTISM, makes those persons imperfect members of the Catholic Church. Many Protestants think they can separate Jesus from the Catholic Church. It can’t happen no matter what the say…whore of Babylon and such things. Nonsense. :cool:

I think this thread is an example of egotism at its worse.

Say what?
Having accepted Christ and trying to do what He says, I am really a Catholic?
I was baptized in my United Methodist church by my pastor. Is my baptism proper and valid? How do I know?
The majority of Christians don’t believe that the Catholic church is the “whore of Babylon” and all that other rot. Only the more extreme groups go for this kind of stuff.
I am Methodist, not Catholic. I follow the teachings of Jesus, the Bible and the teachings of John Wesley, the founder of Methodism.
But, I could be really a Catholic. Wow. I never thought about that.

Peace,:slight_smile:

Danimal: everyone who is baptised into God’s One Holy Catholic Church. Many choose to leave it though.

The baptism performed by methodists is considered valid by the roman church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
Say what?
Having accepted Christ and trying to do what He says, I am really a Catholic?
I was baptized in my United Methodist church by my pastor. Is my baptism proper and valid? How do I know?
The baptism performed by methodists is considered valid by the roman church.

Assuming the Methodist minister used water and specifically invoked Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Except I have heard of incidents where the Methodist cleric baptised a baby with ROSE PETALS instead of water. There was a young woman preparing for Confirmation who confessed to being “baptised” that way and our pastor had to baptise her before she could be confirmed.

This was in the early 70s before RCIA.

Why do you think I mentioned both water and the Trinitarian invocation?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.