These prayer warriors are a joke!

Has anyone else noticed these supposed “Prayer Warriors” who simply cut and paste? …[edited] the same message day in and day out. Sorry guys that aint gonna get you too heaven. I find it cold, void of sincerity and cheesy. I will take ONE slow and meaningful prayer too the cut and paste of the foolishly rushed. Do you really think by posting 16,259 posts that you will recieve pennies from heaven?

What makes you [edited] tick? Please let these threads be for those whom prayer is meaningful and deliberate. You make a mockery of this whole process. And FYI Jesus speaks quite forcefully about vain, repetitive prayer without substance.

What say you warrior? :confused:

We don’t pray to get to heaven, we pray because we care. To try to pray our way to heaven would be to deny our need for God’s grace in our lives. We are simply a group of people who want to help those in need to the best of our ability.

Our prayers may be repetitive, but they are not vain. The Rosary is a series of repeated prayers, but they contain substance. Our prayers here do too. I hope that someday you see that.

Pax Christi.

Um, first of all, that poster you mentioned does not put the rest of us in the same boat. Every time I post in the prayer intentions forum, I mean it. I honestly *do *care about my fellow brothers and sisters both inside and outside of CAF so it is hurtful to hear you say that. Maybe there are those who do not take prayer seriously, but maybe there aren’t. You and I are not ones to judge that. Secondly, we are all called to be prayer warriors whether or not it says it under our user name. So instead of criticizing others, worry about yourself and what’s on your soul.

God Bless you.

*I think that just because someone ‘‘copies and pastes’’ what you refer to as repetitive prayers…that doesn’t mean he/she doesn’t take the prayer request to heart, and prays over it by him/herself. Praying has little to do with posting. Maybe the person just wants to post a prayer, and after he/she is done posting it, goes back and rereads the thread…and then lifts the person up in prayer when praying the Rosary or something. I know that I do that…I might only say one word…’‘praying’’ just to let the person know I’m …well, praying. lol So they know they’re not alone in their sufferings.

So, maybe just think of it like that the next time you see a lot of the same prayer in various threads…the person might be just leaving that prayer to let the person know…hey, I’m here praying for you. And then they pray later for that person. I feel I don’t post enough in that section when I am a prayer warrior,:blush: but, I am reading the threads, and lifting people up in my own morning, evening or Rosary prayers. Posting is a way of just saying, I’ve read your prayer, and I’m with you.

Guess it is in how you look at it. :)*

KIKINWING,
Pardon my bluntness, but you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about and judging the way others pray is childish and arrogant, even voyeuristic. You have no idea what’s in the heart or prayer life of either the prayer warrior who posts repetitively or the one who posts prayer that’s unique to each situation. People pray differently just as they do many things differently. What’s the difference between praying the Rosary and praying the Rosary through forum prayer intentions? And besides that, what business is it of yours and who elected you judge? I can guarantee that every person who asks for prayer for themselves or for others greatly appreciates the prayer no matter what kind of prayer it is. There can be no more perfect prayer than simply praying the name of Jesus. or is that too repetitious and simple for you?

I agree with you. And to be honest for me personally I like the fact that some people write “praying” or some “copy and paste” prayer. That’s because when I read over prayer requests that I or someone else has I pray the prayers that have been posted for whatever intention the thread is on and I like to think others do too. Also it makes me feel better about my prayer requests to know someone, even if it is the same person and the same prayer over and over is not only listening to me but also helping me get through my doubt/whatever with prayer.

Lord Jesus Christ, We praise You: Bring peace into the world By bringing Your peace into the hearts of all. Help us to turn away from sin And to follow You in love and service.
Glory be yours, and honor, For ever and ever.
Amen.

Whoa! Cool your engines, OP. What you described might not look good to you, because all prayers posted should be prayed by the poster (and hopefully many others), but don’t jump to the conclusion that they don’t pray those prayers afterward. Let God be the judge, okay?

As you see I am a Prayer Warrior. When I answer a prayer intention I answer it with the same prayer every time…The Memorare. It may look like a cut and paste “job” to someone else ~ however on my part it is my constant prayer during the day…and I sincerely mean constant. The Memorare is my hope and support during the day and I say it almost constantly. It has become the symphony in my heart the strength of my soul and all the while lifting up those whom I have promised to pray for. So ~ though it may appear as though I may cut and paste a “canned” prayer ~ there is so much more to my commitment as a Prayer Warrior of CAF…and I am very certain I speak for 1,000’s of other Prayer Warriors as well.

Guess if you truly believe your post about the Prayer Warriors…you must be called to pray for us! Praise God ~ we too can use all the prayers we can get!

This warrior says, “Watch what you say about us, or else we may cut and paste!” :knight2::knight2::knight2:

I don’t have the skill for thread links but this man has a previous post where he’s seems rather desperate and depressed in his family situation. His charity may have slipped in his clinical observation!
but we do need to pray seriously for his intentions and family.

** I am sooo close to loosing it!!
KIKINWING **

St Joseph, who several times had to find another job to feed and support your family, before your betrothal, as a refugee in Egypt, and again in Nazareth on your return to the Holy Land, please pray for this Dad, so desperate in his need for work to support his family and to retain the family home for them

Trishie, thank you for pointing that out.

Kikinwing, I apologize for the harshness of my response. Just goes to show I shouldn’t jump to conclusions either. Trust the prayer warriors; they’re close to the heart and ear of a merciful God. And I’ll pray for you, as well.

I have to say, the OP has some merit.

I don’t have a problem with the cut and paste. It takes much longer to type something than it would to pray. Having the prayer ready to post isn’t a problem.

But he has a point when you have someone that has “prayed” for 12-15 different people in two minutes. I don’t know how fast you would have to pray the Hail Mary or the Lord’s Prayer to be able to get 12 of them in, in just 2 minutes.

There are very few that seem to pray that fast. But they are out there. You can see them when you choose to search for new posts. Almost the whole page of 100 will be for prayer intentions and will all be by the same person. :shrug: How is that possible?:shrug:

Well, perhaps some of them are housebound for some reason, come here, see the intentions, go through as many as they can at a ‘sitting’, and then maybe they have to get up and move, and that’s when they start the prayers and then continue on the rest of the day lifting up all those people. (I’m thinking of people with some kind of chronic pain syndrome who can’t stay in any one position for a great length of time, so they work as quickly as they can to do what they can while they can).

Or some might have busy work lives, and come on a Saturday or a Sunday (or whatever day might be their ‘off’ day), go through and find as many people as they can who need prayer, and then pray for them all the rest of the week, when they might not be able to access the computer to search for people needing prayer, but still have the time to do the praying. (Like perhaps somebody driving a cross country truck).

So there are definitely possible and rational explanations out there, because I’m sure there are others I can’t think of.

And BTW, Kikiwing, we pray for you too. We know you (like all of us) need prayer, and we know you’re thinking about others and not just yourself, bless you.

Higher Post count.

I never pray that way - it just isnt my style, but I am grateful when others do it, because I know they’ve taken the time to consider my request. Who am I to wonder this, when the prayer is in my queue? At the very least someone took the time to put it there. Really, I wonder why on earth you would be concerned with this, when you clearly have more than enough to think about in your life.
Choose your battles, dude, and since you begged the question here, my answer is that you waste everyone’s time insulting the very people you ask to bring your troubles to God. It would be better spent trying to learn what you need to to do bring inner peace into yourself,

Loving God,

We lift up in prayer all those who need your loving kindness and ask for the presence of your warm and comforting Holy Spirit to be with each of them during this time of anxiety and worry in their lives. We lift up this beautiful prayer from Blessed Mother Teresa this day:

Prayer of Mother Teresa

Deliver me, O Jesus,
From the desire of being loved,
From the desire of being extolled,
From the desire of being honored,
From the desire of being praised,
From the desire of being preferred,
From the desire of being consulted,
From the desire of being approved,
From the desire of being popular,
From the fear of being humiliated,
From the fear of being despised,
From the fear of suffering rebukes,
From the fear of being calumniated,
From the fear of being forgotten,
From the fear of being wronged,
From the fear of being ridiculed,
From the fear of being suspected.

Amen.

I apologize too all those who are sincere and fervent in prayer. In reality whom am I too judge. I am new too these threads, and while I may have been harsh and wrong putting all in one vain I am still a litle shaky about what I witnessed.

One “Warrior” Posts repetitive, threee times a day averaging 18 each time and by watching the time of his posts he can not even read the petition, let alone the cut and paste prayer he posts. One thread had 100 responses in about a week and this guy had 18% of them, I counted. And when he starts cutting and pasting he simply goes down the line. I saw him answer about eleven threads in less then two minutes.

I wrote him three times to ask his intentions and no response, But he has over 16,000 posts. Kinda weird if you really think about it. And yes I have asked for prayers, I am in trouble and I know the best way to get help is if your post is on page one. When I get knocked off because of non sense like this man then I felt it an affront to me and all others who are without help. And there were a couple of others I noticed who do the same thing.

So, and again, I apologize too all of you who are true and sincere. I know better then to make a broad statement like that. If this is how things work then who am I to critisize?Good bless and soldier on…

KIKINWING:

You know I believe the best way to seek prayer is not online but with a group at a Catholic Church. I don’t mean to sound tongue in cheek, but it has an enduring strengthening power.
Do you attend a Catholic Church? Is there anyway you can find a prayer group from their bulletin to pray for your intentions. I hope this isn’t too much for you at once, but at a Mass you can request to add the name of a person to the service so that the entire congregation should pray for them. I myself took advantage of it being that the priest is close to God, as Jesus is there invisible on the throne beside every sacrifice by the priests- I added my family’s last name to a Mass service. I noticed a change in my faith when I prayed more often. So be persistent! And build yourself up in the faith! This will get you through whatever difficulty your facing depending on the measure of your faith.

16 Always rejoice. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In all things give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you all. 19 Extinguish not the spirit. 20 Despise not prophecies. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-20

Wow. Your openning post is so harsh.
But it is a good reminder for all of us to slow down.

Praying that we all mean what we say and pray with sincere hearts…

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.