Things That Go Bump In The Night -

Merry Christmas, Governor!

It just seemed to me rather safe and slightly sugar coated some times. I think it was rated-R but I have absolutely no idea why. I’ve seen edgier documentaries on the History Channel about exorcism that what Friedkin made in this film.

I’m always trying to find quality films about the subject of exorcism.

I have only watched both documentaries Hostage To The Devil and The Devil And Gabriel Amorth each once.

A lot of the Eastern Fathers speak exstensively about the spiritual battle.

From the first few pages of The Philokalia On The Prayer Of The Heart says a lot about the tactics of the evil one.

I am unfamiliar with some of the Eastern knowledge on this. Are there any good resources that you know of?

Just posting to keep this thread alive while @Governator serves out his CAF suspension. He will hopefully be back Jan. 13.

I wonder which CAF member has received the most suspensions? Discourse/CAF should offer a new badge for whoever gets the most suspensions :thinking: And maybe a badge for whoever flags the most posts :unamused:

Why is the Gov serving time?

He was in the Wrong place at the Wrong time…

In the beginning of that youtube video about bizarre skeletons. I think the fact that the dinosaurs collapsed mid-fight is evidence of the great flood of Noah.

i recently received 30 days if that’s what u want to know.

Thank you for taking the misplaced apostrophe out of your title!

@SteelArchangel

Writings from the Philokalia: On Prayer of the Heart https://www.amazon.com/dp/0571163939/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_M06oCbMR7FRA0

Talking Back: A Monastic Handbook for Combating Demons (Cistercian Studies) https://www.amazon.com/dp/0879073292/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_f16oCbC6R5SB8

I’m leaving this forum.

I hereby leave this thread and any sequel threads in charge by @oldgraymare2 @StephieNorthCo @SteelArchangel @Cruciferi @christofirst

large

giphy

Goodbye Governator, please send us updates on your whereabouts and news. :slight_smile:

Dear Governator,

I don’t know you, but I wish you weren’t leaving.

Peace and God bless you !

Governator, enough already. You know this is the Hotel California of Catholic forums !

:grin:

Great. Now this means we have to go on an epic journey.

I think Gov took off in the TARDIS.

Wish the Governator wasn’t leaving. We should all pray for a happier resolution to this problem.

Speaking of things that pop into your head, this happened to recently appear. Strange, no?

Does that mean Governator will return again one day, in your estimation?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.