Things that will change your life

It changed mine!

Act of Consecration to Blessed Virgin Mary
Act of Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
I, (Name), a faithless sinner-- renew and ratify today in thy hands, O Immaculate Mother, the vows of my Baptism; I renounce forever Satan, his pomps and works; and I give myself entirely to Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Wisdom, to carry my cross after Him all the days of my life, and to be more faithful to Him than I have ever been before.

In the presence of all the heavenly court I choose thee this day, for my Mother and Mistress. I deliver and consecrate to thee, as thy slave, my body and soul, my goods, both interior and exterior, and even the value of all my good actions, past, present and future; leaving to thee the entire and full right of disposing of me, and all that belongs to me, without exception, according to thy good pleasure, for the greater glory of God, in time and in eternity. Amen.

(St. Louis-De Montfort’s Consecration)

Read the Totus Tuus, Apostolic Motto of St Pope John Paul II
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totus_Tuus

Read these books (available online and for free)

Diary of St Faustina Kowalska - Divine Mercy in My Soul

Autobiography of St. Anthony Mary Claret

Story of A Soul - St Therese of Lisieux Autobiography

Our Lady of Fatima - In Lucia’s Own Words

Autobiography and Diary of St. Gemma Galgani
stgemmagalgani.com/2008/11/autobiography-of-saint-gemma-galgani.html
stgemmagalgani.com/2008/11/diary-of-st-gemma-july-1900.html

:slight_smile:

Click it, or right click and choose save target as.

Except for the Autobiography of St. Gemma Galgani, you can read them online or download the website using Win Website Downloader to read them offline.

Go to confession frequently, have regular confessor (can be as much as 4, in different parishes), weekly, every fortnight, monthly.

Receive communion daily. Or three times a week. But don’t forget to prepare yourself before receiving communion by going to confession. Preparing your heart and make it holy, a pleasant abide for the indwelling of the Holy Trinity in your heart. God most holy.

We must be holy before receiving God most holy.

Eucharist is Jesus.

Check Out Eucharistic Miracles, where eucharist becomes real flesh and blood

eucharisticmiracles.blogspot.com/

Make Resolutions, imitate the Saints’ resolutions

Put it in Doc. file, so that you can read it every week

Sample resolutions, taken from St. Anthony Mary Claret’s Resolution and St. Faustina’s Resolutions
sites.google.com/site/catholiclibrary1/catholic-books/Resolutions.docx?attredirects=0&d=1

How to make resolutions:
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=564937

Learn about chastity

Chastity Speaker: Jason Evert

youtube.com/results?search_query=jason+evert&aq=f

Theology of the Body : Christopher West
youtube.com/results?search_query=christopher+west&aq=f

Pure in Heart Interview 1-5

Chastity.com QandA

Love Jesus above all things. Make frequent acts of love. Such as, I love you Jesus. I long for you Jesus. Jesus you are my everything, my all, my happiness.

Little by little your love for Jesus will grow.

Pray the Rosary three times a day, morning, noon, night

Pray the divine mercy chaplet three times a day, morning, noon, night.

Have Sacred Heart and Divine Mercy Image Venerated in your room

Pray the Divine Office and Little Office of the blessed Virgin Mary 7 times a day
yourdivineoffice.blogspot.com/

Give alms to poor people

Poor people is not just materially, but also spiritually.

Those who are abandoned, lepers, lonely, sinners…

Give spiritual alms, such as praying for the conversion of sinners, perseverance of the just, relief for souls in purgatory.

Our Lord told to St. Gertrude and St. Faustina that alms are not just materially, but can also be given spiritually.

Spiritual acts of mercy, such as helping the afflicted, consoling the lonely, and by our prayers!

We can also give spiritual alms for the holy souls in purgatory.

Poor is not just materially, but also spiritually.

Always pray for three intentions. For the conversion of sinners, perseverance of the Just, and relief for souls in purgatory.

Offer your rosaries, divine mercy chaplet prayers, masses, holy communions, divine office, and all prayers for these three intentions.

These three intentions is practiced and taught by St. Anthony Mary Claret.

How St. Anthony Mary Claret prayed:
prayerguidance.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-st-anthonymary-claret-prayed.html

Taken from the Autobiography of St. Anthony Mary Claret

MEANS I USED TO ACHIEVE SUCCESS
First Means. Prayer
Because, as I have already said, I was driven to work for God’s greater glory and the salvation of souls, I shall now say something of the means that the Lord showed me were the best and most fitting to attain that goal.
The first means I have always employed and still do is prayer. In my opinion, this is the greatest means that can be used for the conversion of sinners, the perseverance of the just and the relief of the souls in purgatory. Hence in my meditations, Masses, recitation of the breviary and other devotions, as well as in my aspirations, I always asked God and the Blessed Virgin Mary for these three intentions.

Cont…

Before each of your rosaries, divine mercy chaplet, mass, say, Jesus, I pray for conversion of sinners, perseverance of the just, and relief for souls in purgatory.

Jesus I offer you this mass, for conversion of sinners, perseverance of the just, and relief for souls in purgatory

etc

Youtube has many videos on mother angelica
youtube.com/results?search_query=mother+angelica&aq=f

You can download it using atube catcher
download.cnet.com/aTube-Catcher/3000-2071_4-10969422.html

Mother Angelica has hundreds of free podcasts
motherangelicalive.blogspot.com/

She will console you and teach you catechism and about Jesus
:thumbsup:

Learn about catholicism, Be zealous about your faith.

everycatholicblog.blogspot.com/

I’ll second this one. It certainly changed my life.

Glad to know that silver spring :slight_smile:

I wish everyone would read the Diary of St. Faustina

If you want to read the diary online
saint-faustina.com/Diary/DMIMS1.shtml

:thumbsup:

the Rosary changed my life

Thanks for the info

The Catholic Church is the o nly one w/ the power to really change a person.

i tried to change through other means

when i didn’t know what the Church had to offer.

i am so glad God intervened and showed me what His Church has.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.