Think of a world without any flowers

Think of a world without any flowers,
think of a world without any trees,
think of a sky without any sunshine,
think of the air without any breeze.
We thank you, Lord, for flowers and trees and sunshine,
we thank you, Lord, and praise your holy name.

In a spirit of praise I hope we enjoy this thread of flowers that God created for our pleasure.

Beginning , why not ? , with an English Rose .

19 Likes

It won’t be long before we see Crocuses, among the earliest spring flowers.

14 Likes

My late mothers rose bush - Blue Moon.

19 Likes

Psalm 103:

24 How great are thy works, O Lord? thou hast made all things in wisdom: the earth is filled with thy riches.

11 Likes

Orchids…Longwood Gardens

15 Likes

What a lovely rose CVR - that is just such a beautiful colour - great remembrance of your Mum!

5 Likes

I believe the answer to where have all the flowers gone is “Young girls have picked them everyone”.

4 Likes

What a lovely thread!:hugs::hibiscus::cherry_blossom::bouquet::blossom::sunflower::rose::tulip::wilted_flower:

9 Likes

Thank you. It’s old now, as I’ve had it since Jan 2005 and my brother bought it for mum one birthday or mothers day, a few years before that. It is lovely.

5 Likes

Sometimes you plant one type of flower, and get a nice surprise when another kind grows along side it.

12 Likes

2nd closeup stocks and snapdragons, 2016

9 Likes

Here these petite beauties as ever are braving our wintry weather , the ever-faithful snowdrops .

10 Likes

Yes! They always give me hope that spring is on the way! Very long lasting flower. Mine opened a couple of weeks ago because of the unseasonably warm weather. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Spring is just around the corner and the wildflowers will soon be in bloom.

4 Likes

My favorite flowers are lilies of the valley:

11 Likes

This azalea is blooming now in the front yard

9 Likes

I once planted some tiny pips of Lily of the Valley in my vast flowerbeds. These hardly had any root on them, and I didn’t think they would make it. Not only did they make it, they have spread like wildfire and have become an invasive pest in my garden. I’m constantly having to dig out the rhizomes from places I never wanted the plant to be.

Any ideas on how to eradicate it? Your photo of Lily of the Valley reminded me of how pervasive it has become in my beds.

I would do a stern conversation and 10 minutes off of recess.

1 Like

These are not from my garden, but I love bleeding hearts:

Tränendes_Herz_5284

In French, they are called “Mary’s heart”.

13 Likes

Has there ever been a more perfectly named flower? :two_hearts:

9 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.